JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nevo C2 repeat function of a single press please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leotzian1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject: Nevo C2 repeat function of a single press please help Reply with quote

First if the post is not in the correct section please mods to move it.

Hi to all I don't know if I can explain my problem and get some help.
I have a Nevo C2 and I had added 18 devices.
Now in one Device I want to add some buttons controlling another device of the other 17.
I can add the buttons there are working BUT if I want to turn the volume Up or down I must press the button many timea each time it steps up by 1.
If I turn to those device remote when I press and hold the volume button the volume gets up fast.
So my question is there a way pressing the volume in my device I had added the volume buttons to have the same result?
Sorry about my bad english and the way I had sescribed that.
I want the device that controils my TV the volume buttons of this device to control my home's cinema volume.

Thanks in advance
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the General tab, try setting the Master vol device and set your device 17 to use it. Any activity for device 17 should also have Vol keys set to your vol device.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, I think you zeroed in on the VPT side of this, whereas what I think he's really saying is that the volume only increments by 1 whereas he wants it to keep going up when he holds the button down. It sounds like he's using NEC1 for a device that needs NEC2.

Leo, could you please post a copy of your .rmir file in the Diagnosis Area and then post a link to it here?
leotzian1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for the help guys.
@Robman is right I want to press and hold volume button and the volume to go up , now it steps up or down by 1 step on each press.
Both devices uses RC5 , RC5X protocol, I will upload the link in diagnostics area.
I want to explain what I want to do when you check the file.

On General Tab
Device No 1 TurboX - TV , and device 17 Philips CD.
I want volume keys of device 1 to control the volume of device 17 and when I press and hold volume keys of device 1 volume to goes up continius and not by 1 step each time I press it.
I had connected the TV with Toslink and in my model the volume is controlled only by the audio device
I hope now that I had explained it good.

This is the file
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26120

Thanks for your help again.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it sounds like you have both issues.

First, you need to do as Dave described, which is to set dev17 as the Master, and set dev1 to use it. In other words, on the General tab, look at the "Volume Lock" column, currently all devices are set to "Off". Scroll down to dev17 and change it to "Master", then scroll back to dev1 and change it to "On".

As for the 1 step at a time thing, I was expecting an NEC1 upgrade, but I see that both of these devices uses RC-5, which doesn't have the same characteristics as NEC1 vs. NEC2. When you use the volume buttons on the original remote from your Philips bookshelf system, does it only go 1 step at a time, or does it repeat properly when you hold the button? If it only does 1 step, then that's just how it works I'm afraid. If it does repeat properly but your upgrade does not, then I am puzzled and I'd need to see a learned signal from the Philips remote.
leotzian1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help.

My Philips is not the model described, it is a FW395C, I did not had the remote a friend of mine had gave it to me, he had lost the remote, so I had downloaded all the Philips upgrades from your file section and I found that the most buttons are working not all, ( from the FW880 Philips bookshelf system ) so I had adapt it for my Nevo C2.
If I choose the Philips device yes the remote is working pressing and holding it goes up fast.
If I map the volume of the Philips in the Turbo-X volume buttons holding is not working on goes 1 by 1 on each press, if you check the device upgrade in the Turbo-X device you will see that the volume buttons +, - are assosiated to the Philips CD.
I will try and your solution with Volume lock and I will update

I update with the solution that first @mdavej noticed, and you after, and problem solved I had done what exactry you had said and the volume press and hold IS working.
So problem solved.

Thanks again both for your help.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. For some reason volume punch through works on repeating keys when assigning the same command to a device doesn’t. My best guess is the latter gets treated as a macro, breaking the repeats. Just a guess.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Great. For some reason volume punch through works on repeating keys, when assigning the same command to a device doesn't. My best guess is the latter gets treated as a macro, breaking the repeats. Just a guess.

That's interesting. I see now that he did use external functions to try to program the volume buttons, I had missed that when first looked. I think we should try and mention that in the wiki somewhere. Have you found that this is always the case, meaning it's not specific to the RC-5 protocol or anything like that?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only used punch through myself. But there have been a couple of cases like this here and in other forums. Those could have been "external" functions too. I don't remember exactly. So I'm not sure if it happens 100% of the time.

Could also be related to the repeating behavior of soft versus hard buttons.

I'll have to do some experimenting and report back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: