JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR v2.12 available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greeno

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks barf, i'll make a mac specific thread. i dl'd irscrutinizer from the link you provided and it launches and runs just fine natively. yea i agree its a java issue, but i'm over my head with that.

best,
jeff
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the fun of it:

While looking at greeno's thread, it occurs to me that the class DynamicURLClassLoader appears to be a solution in search of a problem. The only thing it is (presently) used for is to locate icons (RemoteMaster.createIcon(String)), and there are much easier ways to do that than to deploy a custom ClassLoader. (Tried imageURL = RemoteMaster.class.getResource( "/" + imgLocation ) -- works.)

According to SVN it was checked in by user yawor. Marcin, are you there?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
While looking at greeno's thread, it occurs to me that the class DynamicURLClassLoader appears to be a solution in search of a problem.

If you look up revision 1595 in which Marcin introduced this, he describes it as "Attempt at fixing Java 9 and 10 compatibility issue". It apparently replaced an earlier module ClassPathAdder.java that I haven't looked up. So there was an issue to be resolved, though I have no idea if it was a sensible way of doing it. These Java issues are way beyond my understanding.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham, it appears that in the recent check-in, you created a new file JP11USB.java, but forgot to check it in.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
Graham, it appears that in the recent check-in, you created a new file JP11USB.java, but forgot to check it in.

Sorry about that, it is there now.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried to export this file as Girr. The file uses the NEC2 protocol, Device=50, Sub Device defaulted. Turned out that the export was erroneous; it had S (subdevice) = 0. Correct would have been to leave it out (or to have S=255-D=155).
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Barf
Your post is in the wrong thread, as the current RMIR thread is that for RMIR v2.13. The bug causing your error appears to be a very longstanding error in protocols.ini. If you look at the entry for the NEC 4DEV Combo you will see
Code:
DevParms=Device 1,Sub Device 1=[-0],...

with similar entries for the other three Device / Sub Device pairs. The Sub Device default [-0] means that the default is the complement of the device parameter with index 0, which is Device 1. A number of other NEC protocols have similar entries, but those that use PID=00 5A do not. This is not normally significant as the NEC005ATranslator handles the default for this executor, but it matters for the export to a Girr file. So the Sub Device default for protocol.ini entries with PID=00 5A needs to be changed from 0 to [-0]. If you try this, you should find that it fixes the problem.

There are a few NEC entries that use other executors and have a Sub Device default of 0. Unless I have missed something, these are NEC-34 and NEC1-rnc, both of which I suspect are little used. Unless you think otherwise, I will change these too to [-0] for the next release of RMIR.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
@Barf
Your post is in the wrong thread,

Embarassed

Quote:
The bug causing your error appears to be a very longstanding error in protocols.ini. If you look at the entry for the NEC 4DEV Combo you will see
Code:
DevParms=Device 1,Sub Device 1=[-0],...

with similar entries for the other three Device / Sub Device pairs. The Sub Device default [-0] means that the default is the complement of the device parameter with index 0, which is Device 1. ... Unless you think otherwise, I will change these too to [-0] for the next release of RMIR.

Sounds good! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: