JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is my AR Xsight Color dead?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chileboy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I've had some time and have actually been using the replacement Xsight, I've discovered that a few of the keys on the directional pad are having a problem - at first I thought they weren't working at all but then discovered they will respond if I press them very hard (although they "click" with normal pressure).

Can they by cleaned underneath by spraying tuner cleaner in them (do they still make that?) or something? Probably not a good idea I guess.

Are the Xsights prone to issues, or have I just been unlucky? I was trying to get away from the older URCs I was using because they all seem to get flaky, now I have two Xsights malfunctioning, one of them brand new and the other used but perfect cosmetically.

Thanks!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the first remote going bad was a fluke. I don't know if this one was used or not, but my buttons start to get like that after a couple of years of use. So it's possible they already had a lot of mileage on them.

I haven't found any way to fix the buttons unfortunately. The contacts are sealed metal domes, so you can't really get inside to clean them.
chileboy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it was used, but it was perfect cosmetically, so I figured it'd be ok.

Let the buyer beware!

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: