JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Possible alternate OK key for Comcast X1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyross

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject: Possible alternate OK key for Comcast X1 Reply with quote

Recently, when I was trying to use the Amazon Prime app on my Comcast X1 box, the OK key would not work using my RCRP05B. The OK key worked everywhere else using the standard 1982 code set. The XR15 remote worked fine. I had a feeling that there may be an alternate OK code that it's sending, and that the Prime app somehow only recognizes that version.

After unpairing the XR15 (it won't send IR if paired) and verifying it still worked in Prime, I used my backup RCRP05B to learn the code. I tested it, and it worked. I used Remote Master to get the code. After forcing Decode IR mode, it shows up as standard XMP-1, Device 62, sub 16 (normal Comcast X1), with OBC 216 and Hex cmd D8. After adding that to a file of XMP codes, it also gives an EFC5 of 01221.

I then tried to edit my main RCRP05B and did a keymove putting that Hex/EFC5 onto the OK key. It didn't work and the box didn't recognize it.

I have uploaded to http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26053 a zip file with two RMIR files. One is the bare RCRP with the learned code. The other is what should be for my main RCRP with the keymove in it. Maybe there is something else odd about it and that is not quite the correct code?
andyross

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add: I tried that learned key on a basic DTA in another room, and it's not recognized. The main X1 box is the XG1v4. If I do figure out how to add the code to my main remote, I'll probably put it on an unused key instead of the OK key.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many threads at remote central dealing with ok key on cable remotes not controlling the tv, standard answer is give them the efc for the ok for their brand of tv. And of course directions for mapping to a key.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decoded your learn by hand and it appears to have two OBCs in it, 216 (EFC 01221) and 43 (EFC 37829), so given that 216 doesn't work, give 43 a try.
andyross

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OBC 43 worked, but it seems to be treated the same as the regular OK, and didn't work in Prime. Very weird.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Prime requires the 2-part signal? You said your learned signal works in Prime, right?
andyross

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did. Not sure how to map a two-part signal. Just create a macro?

As a side note, I updated my Comcast XMP RMDU file to add in the extra OK's, along with a few other extra keys from another RCRP05.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25834
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A macro might work but it would probably put too much delay between the 2 parts, so it would probably require a custom executor. Normally I would write one for you, but the XMP executor is one of the more complicated ones and it would take some effort to re-write it. So my recommendation is to just use a learned signal for that one button.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: