JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

One remote not working; should I even care?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rondnelson99

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:19 am    Post subject: One remote not working; should I even care? Reply with quote

I just today discovered the world of JP1 remote programming, and decided I would give it a shot given the exorbitant prices of fancy logitech remotes. Sitting around my house I have 2 JP1 remotes, one atlas 1056b01 and one 1056b03. At first I thought I would have to purchase a new serial converter to program it with, since my existing ones are all the 4-pin variety. However by removing the processor from an arduino uno I was able to make this setup.
https://i.imgur.com/Yk8G3Nt.jpg
This worked for the -b03 model but not the -b01 model, which just said `no devices found`. I can't seem to find it now, but I believe I saw a post somewhere on here saying that the B03 was inferior, so I wanted to use the B01. I also noticed that the big device drop-down in the remote master app only contains an entry for the B03 and not the B01. Is there an rdf file or something that I`m missing? If there is, should I even care? I don't need the B01 as long as the B03 works well enough.
Thanks,
Ron
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: One remote not working; should I even care? Reply with quote

rondnelson99 wrote:
I also noticed that the big device drop-down in the remote master app only contains an entry for the B03 and not the B01. Is there an rdf file or something that I`m missing?

It depends, how did you start RM (Remote Master)? If you started with RMIR and then edited an upgrade, it's OK for the drop down to only show one remote, because the assumption is that you're only editing upgrades for the remote that you started with. But, if you started with the stand alone version of RM and only see one remote, that is a problem.
rondnelson99

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, RMIR was the first app I launched, and it auto-detected the B03 model number when I hit download. I then launched Remote Master, and went to the huge dropdown for "remote". It contained what appeared to be a complete list of the supported devices, but the b01 model was missing. I thought that was odd since there are several posts here about people using that remote without encountering this issue.

I'm a little unsure about my cable setup, since I can't seem to find anyone else using a processor-less arduino Uno. I'm especially unsure about the RTS pin. But if it works for the B03 then it would appear that the problem is not with the cable, right?

Btw I found that post where people were saying the B03 was inferior, link below.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17124

EDIT: looking back at remote master, it looks like the 1056B01 might be the one listed as "Atlas OCAP URC-1056 JP1.3 (Black)". It seems right because the connector is labeled JP1.3 on my B01 remote, and the picture looks right.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you launch RM from the shortcut in the RM folder, then yes, the dropdown should contain all available remotes, but if you launch it by editing an upgrade in RMIR, it will only contain the remote that you downloaded from in RMIR.

If you're unsure about your homemade cable, by a ready made one, each of the options are under $10 shipped:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16360
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: