JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Error downloading from remote - Xsight Color 8602

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Indy1138

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject: Error downloading from remote - Xsight Color 8602 Reply with quote

Hi,

Version: RemoteMaster v2.09 build 6
Remote: Xsight Color URC 8602, connected via USB
Java: 13.0.2
-----
EDIT:
Firmware: 1.3.32
Bootloader: 1.0.1
IR blaster: 3121BX6
IR Library: 1.1.1
-----

RAW File:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25879

-----
EDIT:
New RAW file after deleting 2 devices through the remote's menu (Result is still the same) and the corresponding rmaster.err file:
RAW File: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25886
rmaster.err: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25887
-----

I never had used Remote Master before, the last time I updated the remote was with the official software. As some devices have changed, it was time for an update, so I found your great project. Smile

After setting everything up, I got the "Error downloading from remote" after the download progress shows 91%:

Thanks in advance and best regards

Last edited by Indy1138 on Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By "connection patch", you mean the Win 8.1/10 registry patch, right? If so, I hope one of the Xsight experts jump in.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing to try is fresh batteries.

Next thing is the firmware of the remote (Home-Settings-About). It may need to be updated, which RMIR can do if you follow the prompts. What's your remote firmware version? Should be 1.3.32.
Indy1138

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

thanks for your replies!
Yes, I was referring to the Win8.1/Windows 10 registry patch to keep the connection alive.

I have charged the batteries and checked the firmware, it is the version you suggested. Unfortunately I am still getting the same error.

Firmware: 1.3.32
Bootloader: 1.0.1
IR blaster: 3121BX6
IR Library: 1.1.1

Best regards
Indy1138

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,

I ran the option Xsight Operations/Verify Xsight System files which returned that irdb.bin is corrupt.
Would you suggest to run the format and rebuild option from RMIR?

From the Wiki I see that this would remove all my current settings.
Since I'm not able to save my current settings this means doing a complete fresh setup aftwerwards. Maybe there is a smarter way? If not, so be it. Smile

Best regards
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will work.

However, your config likely just has some device or setting we haven't seen before. So Mathdon, the developer of RMIR, will probably be able to identify and fix the bug. So just hang in there a little longer. I've sent him a PM so he is aware of the issue.

If you could also post your rmaster.err file, that would be helpful.

Any chance you could try alkaline batteries just for the download? Rechargeables are a lower voltage even when fully charged. File operations seem to take a lot of juice in these remotes for whatever reason.
Indy1138

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I don't have any alkaline batteries right now but I can get some from the store this week and try again.

In the meanwhile, I deleted 2 devices that I don't own anymore through the remote's menu, checking if that changes anything.
But the result is still the same.

If that information also helps: Not all devices on the remote came from the official ez-rc website, some I added through the learn-mode where you press the buttons on the original remote and assign them on the Xsight.

I have attached the new raw file and the corresponding master.err file, initial post is also updated:

RAW File: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25886
rmaster.err: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25887

Best regards
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is weird. We have believed the Xsight Color URC 8602 to support 15 devices. Yours appears to have a 16th device. Open the RDF, that is the file named "USB8002 (URC-8602 XSight Colour).rdf" in the RDF subfolder of your RMIR installation folder, with a text editor such as Notepad. Scroll down to the [Device Buttons] section that is at line 73. That section is a list of entries, the last being "Dev15 = $5E 0". Add a new entry "Dev16 = $5F 0" and save the changed file.

Now start RMIR and open either of the two raw download files that you posted. They are raw downloads with a .ir extension but you can open them just as if they were RMIR files with a .rmir extension. You should find that they open without error. You can, if you wish, then use File > Save As to save them in the RMIR standard form as .rmir files.

I do not know why RMIR reports that your IR Database file, irdb.bin, is corrupt. A corrupt irdb.bin would have no effect on whether or not a download or upload succeeds. Its effect only would be that some setup codes that the remote should support are in fact not supported. It may indeed be that the file is corrupt, but if your remote works for the setups you use, then ignore it. I have only once needed to advise a user to use the Format and Rebuild option to fix a corrupt IR database, when his remote was misbehaving. In your case I see no need for it unless there are devices that do not work properly.

The reason that the normal download gave an error is that after downloading, RMIR tries to read and interpret the download. It was that stage that failed. I do not believe that you actually have a communication problem.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch Graham. I think this would affect all 3 Xsight Colour models:
USB8002
USB8004
USB8006

Note that USB8006 (Nevo C2) RDF already had 18 devices like the C3, as someone discovered quite a while ago. Perhaps we should just go ahead and add 16 through 18 to all three:

Dev16 = $5F 0
Dev17 = $60 0
Dev18 = $61 0
Indy1138

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

the issue got solved with mathdons suggestion and it is working now. Smile

Thanks mdavej for providing the fixed file! It didn't look good, only one device matched the brand, model, type and setup code.
The other ones didn't match up in those attributes.

Changing the RDF file did the trick, everything works now, and all the attributes match up.
As a test, I renamed a device and uploaded the configuration successfully to the remote and saw the change reflected.

It is indeed 16 devices, I uploaded my old configuration again.
The last "page" on the display shows the button of the 16th device located at the bottom of
the screen. Not sure if that is special, but I would have expected it to start from the top.

Anyway, thanks a lot to all of you in this thread for your time and help!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Good catch Graham. I think this would affect all 3 Xsight Colour models:
USB8002
USB8004
USB8006

Curious that the USB8004 is called ARRX15G to distinguish it from ARRX18G. Perhaps EZ-RC limited the setup to 15 devices even though it could actually support 18, just like they issue remotes with cases that hide device buttons that are actually there on the PCB. I see no harm in your suggestion and will do so for the next official release of RMIR (v2.10 build 2, if nothing nasty is found in build 1).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you'd need to add the device buttons in the [Buttons] section too.

[Buttons]
Dev1=$50:AllBind, Dev2, Dev3, Dev4, Dev5, Dev6,
Dev7, Dev8, Dev9, Dev10, Dev11, Dev12,
Dev13, Dev14, Dev15, Dev16, Dev17, Dev18,
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: