JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Struggling to create long power off for Soundbar on URC 7781
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject: Struggling to create long power off for Soundbar on URC 7781 Reply with quote

tested on rcrp05b and insignia 67100
and the one i will be using it on but have not tested is my inteset 422-3
unfortunatly no extender created for it
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject: Struggling to create long power off for Soundbar on URC 7781 Reply with quote

link to upgrade
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6022
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have written a special protocol for you which, if it works, will send signals for your TV with as many repeats as you like. Now, I haven't done any testing on this, so there's a good possibility that it won't work, but if you feel like being a guinea pig, give it a shot.

When you open it in RM, ignore the first device code (ie, 31, which is really 7 for the NECx2 protocol), the one you want to focus on is the second one as this is the number of repeats. I currently have it set to 15, but if it works, you can raise it or decrease it until it's the right amount for what you need.

If it works, set the 2nd device code to the desired value and add it to your remote, then just use the volume buttons from that upgrade in your macros.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25831
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject: Struggling to create long power off for Soundbar on URC 7781 Reply with quote

Thank you
unfortunately it did not work as hoped for
Gives me the same as before advances volume 1 notch
I am too tired to study it much more tonight
and will be going offline soon another day of work tommorow
hopefully will investigate more this week
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:51 pm    Post subject: Struggling to create long power off for Soundbar on URC 7781 Reply with quote

my mistake it does nothing at all to the volume
i had my setting wrong when i 1st tested
i knew i was getting too tired to do anymore today
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll need to do some testing with it when I get the time to make it work.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject: Struggling to create long power off for Soundbar on URC 7781 Reply with quote

i'm way out of my league when it comes to protocals but I took a closer look at it and of course got lost.
But irscrutinzer has trouble decoding as well.
Also while playing with it pointing remote at samsung tv i noticed that the
LED for singal received does not blink when sent this signal so it is not in the correct range for tv to respond anyway
I never thought i would look at protocals and probably will not learn enough to do it on my own but hopefully i will at least gain some insight into it
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I did was create a very basic executor which is designed to only send the NECx2 signal, which is identical to NEC2 except that the lead-in pair is slightly different.

For NECx2 signals, the device and sub-device code are always the same (as far as I know) and that is the case here. I still used 2 fixed bytes for the executor, where the 2nd byte is really the count of repeats, then in the executor I move that value to R0D (which controls the number of repeats), then I move the first fixed byte into the 2nd fixed byte field and send the signal.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to setup learning remotes and cables, etc to test the executor, and they never work perfectly the first time. What I need to do is format an upgrade and load it into one JP1 remote, then learn it using a second JP1 remote and see what gets captured. Once I see what's wrong with the learned signals, I'll know what to fix in the executor.

Of course, if anyone else wants to try their hand at testing and fixing this, that's totally fine with me.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took a look at the upgrade to see if I could spot a coding error and what I spotted is it's using the wrong protocol code. I have just fixed that. I still haven't had a chance to manually test this, but I have a higher confidence level that it might work this time.

I have included the KM and PB files that I used to create this, just for reference only, you don't need to do anything with them.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25831
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject: Struggling to create long power off for Soundbar on URC 7781 Reply with quote

remote just blinks once no respone from tv at all
irscrutinizer shows 2 different things for same button push

38.0k,569,msb}<1,-1|1,-3>(8,-8,1,-3,A:3,1,-1,B:1,1,-1,C:17,1,-100m){A=0x6,B=0x0,C=0xf0f4}

{38.0k,568,msb}<1,-1|1,-3>(8,-8,1,-3,1,-3,A:2,1,-1,B:1,1,-1,C:17,1,-100m){A=0x2,B=0x0,C=0xf0f4}
this is for vol down
although i am not using an irwidget it is a hp media ir
and sometimes i do get different results

thanks for the km and pb files it will help in my learning process
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I create a KM file first for upgrades that use a homegrown executor is because I've never been able to work out how to start a Manual Settings upgrade in RM. And even after I've got the RMDU file created, if I change something in PB, I still can't figure out how to paste the new executor in, so I just build them in KM and PB and when they're finished, I open the KM file using RM and save the RMDU file.

Seeing as how you have at least 2 JP1 remotes, could you load the upgrade into one and then learn the 3 buttons using the other, and then post the RMIR file? That should give me a big clue as to what's going on. That's how I test my upgrades.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject: Struggling to create long power off for Soundbar on URC 7781 Reply with quote

here is link to file

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25835

tryed learning on 2 remotes no protocol/ malformed
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that's exactly what I need. Don't worry about protocol decodes, etc, I work with the raw data. I'll post back in a few.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New file posted, try again.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject: Struggling to create long power off for Soundbar on URC 7781 Reply with quote

still a no go
do you want another learn ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: