JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anker Nebula Mars Lite projector -with Roku TV remote
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
millerstevew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Anker Nebula Mars Lite projector -with Roku TV remote Reply with quote

I would like to setup my Roku Ultra Remote with my Anker Nebula Mars Lite projector; however, neither Anker, Nebula, nor Mars are listed as devices when I try to "set up remote for TV control" in Roku. I reached out to Anker and they provide me the IR codes for the projector, which I've listed below.

Power:0x10
Volume up:0x1C
Volume down:0x4B

Someone in the Roku Forums suggested I ask here.

Quote:
Ask if there is UEI tv code equivalent, and ask for all brands of tv that might use this IR code. Then try all codes in roku under those tv brands:
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I take it that the remote that came with your Roku is a universal remote, but not a UEI or JP1 remote, and you're looking for a code to work your projector, right?

Unfortunately, we've never come across an Anker projector before, so we don't know what codes it uses.

When you contacted Anker, was that all they gave you? Just the codes for a few of the buttons, was there anything else in their message? The button codes only tell us a small portion of the story, we need something to give us the device codes and protocol too. I'm hoping this was also in their email but you just didn't include it.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OP listed the following in his post on roku community:

Focus:0x47
OK:0x50
up:0x17
left:0x4F
right:0x51
down:0x16
return:0x18
home:0x19
buletooth:0x1A
millerstevew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is correct. The Roku comes with a universal remote. Most of the buttons control the Roku device, but their software allows you to select the brand of your television and control it (power, volume up, volume down, and mute) using their universal remote to control. Unfortunately, Roku does not include any Anker devices in their database. My hope is that another manufacturer in their database uses the same IR codes. Then, I could select that manufacturer (instead of Anker) and control my projector.

Anker's support has been pretty responsive (usually within a day). They provided the IR codes for all of the buttons on the provided remote. (See below.) But that's all they included. If there's something else I should ask Anker to help solve my problem, what would that be?

We are happy to provide you with the IR code of the remote for Mars Lite to ensure you a better user experience:

Power:0x10
Volume up:0x1C
Volume down:0x4B
Focus:0x47
OK:0x50
Up:0x17
Left:0x4F
Right:0x51
Down:0x16
Return:0x18
Home:0x19
Bluetooth:0x1A
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw the additional button codes on the other thread, but that still doesn't help me determine the protocol or device codes. Did they give you any other hex codes, perhaps labeled as "fixed data" or something like that?
millerstevew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They didn't. If I were to email them what specifically should I ask for?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask them for whatever additional information they can provide about the IR signals? I'd hate to have you bombard them with technical questions like: what is the IR protocol and what are the device codes, etc as the customer service rep probably has no idea what all that stuff is.

Basically, an IR signal has 2 parts, the first part is common to all buttons, and your projector knows to look for that part in order to establish that the signal was meant for it to listen to. The second part, which is what you provided, is the button code. Once the projector recognizes that this is one of its signals, it then looks at the button code to see what you want it to do.

So, without that first part info, the button codes are useless.

Now, just to level set expectations. Even if I get that additional information, the best I can do is tell you what other devices (if any) use the same device codes so that you can try looking them up in your Roku manual. That's why Edmund (MaskedMan, TivoBurkee) referred you over here. My fear is that this device uses NEC1 with device code 0, in which case I won't be able to help you because there are literally hundreds of devices that use that.

Looks like the Amazon FireTV folks have been looking for the codes too, for over a year:
http://community.anker.com/t/infrared-remote-codes-for-nebula-mars-2/63223
millerstevew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll reach out and report back!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all means copy me on the email, in case I can help: rob1 (at) hifi-remote (dot) com
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to write to Anker myself and they gave me the custom code for this remote, which is 0x8019. I translate that into NEC1 dev 128.26 and have built an upgrade for it.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25739

Unfortunately for millerstevew, that doesn't match any existing upgrade or setup code that I know of, so it appears to be a custom remote signal rather than a clone of an existing brand.

If any JP1 user has this Anker projector, I would appreciate it if you could test this upgrade, just to confirm that I am reading the codes correctly.
millerstevew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a response from Anker. I’m guessing this means that it would be difficult to identify a compatible brand.

After checking with our product team, we were reported that this device is NEC and its device code is 8019. Please help check if this information can help the remote of Fire TV stick learning the remote for Mars Lite.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Steve, if you check the previous post in this thread, I also contacted Anker and got the same info and have converted the data into JP1 data. My conclusion is that these signals are unique and are not a copy of any other existing brands signals.
millerstevew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies. I'm just seeing that now. (I bet Anker thought it was a little strange to get this question from two different people at more-or-less the same time.) Really appreciate the help (even if it's not the news I was looking for)!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any likelihood that you'll be getting yourself a JP1 compatible remote at any point? If so, I'd love to have you test the upgrade that I created.
millerstevew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I don't know a whole lot about JP1 compatible remotes. I was directed here from the Roku forums. I'm thinking about purchasing one of these: https://www.amazon.com/SofaBaton-R2-Universal-Replacement-Streaming/dp/B07N4D5QLF/ Would that work as a JP1 compatible remote? Sorry for my ignorance and thanks again for the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: