Joined: 01 Aug 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
|Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:35 pm Post subject: Have a new remote, need an RDF?
|If RMIR doesn't recognize your remote and you suspect that we need to create a new RDF (Remote Definition File) for it, please post your request as a new thread here.
Here's some information that we will need.
- First, what is the name of the remote?
- We will eventually need a good photo of the remote, so if you can find one on the web, please post a link to it, or just take a pic yourself and load it here.
- Please use RMIR and do a Remote > Raw Download and then post the file here.
- Tell us what setup codes are programmed to each of the device buttons. Use the 990 Blink Back function to get them, if needed, or just program new setup codes to each button.
- Check the user manual to see if your remote supports macros, and even if the manual doesn't mention macros, it may support them anyway. Macros are usually programmed using the 995 command. We will need to determine the button codes for all the buttons on your remote, and macros are the easiest way to capture this information. Macros can typically hold up to 15 buttons, so program enough macros to capture all of the buttons on the remote. (There's no need to include the button that holds the macro in any of the macros). Once you've programmed the macros, do another Raw Download and post that file here. We will need a list of which buttons are in each macro.
- If your remote doesn't support macros, see if it's easy to open up the remote casing. Sometimes the button codes are printed on the PCB. If this is the case, a photo of the PCB will suffice to get the button codes.
- Zip together all the files from above, along with any photos, and then load the zip file into the Diagnosis Area of our File Section, then post a link to the file here. (To get the link address, go back to the File Section after you have uploaded your file and a link should appear in the "Last File" column. Copy/paste the URL into your new thread.
Once we have this information, one of us will start to create a new RDF for you. We will likely also send you a PM for some additional info, so please watch for that.
Please don't PM me with remote questions, post them in the forums so all the experts can help!