JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Slingbox Pro-HD and DirecTv HR-20/21
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim_Z

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Slingbox Pro-HD and DirecTv HR-20/21 Reply with quote

I have a DirecTv HR-20 and HR-21 with a Slingbox Pro-HD. The code that was developed here for the Slinbox Pro and the HR-20/21 no longer works with the Pro-HD for AV1. Anyone looked into this yet?
Thanks,
Jim
nuke12

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder? I notice in Slingplayer 2.0 when I select "other" as a device it always seems to assume I'm dealing with a VCR. The remote I finally got to work for my amp uses V2001_PL. The file for the DTV box is using Sxxxx for a satellite box. Could setting it to a VCR type of device make a difference?

I'm sure Rob will pipe in here.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DTV code that I developed for the Slingbox was specific for the PL version, and even though the Pro-HD works with PL files, it won't work with this one.

The best I can suggest is that you try creating a new bin file from one of the DTV upgrades using RM and see if that works.
nuke12

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chat about development of this file is here;

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8344
Jim_Z

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was for Slingbox Pro and it worked great. Now with the new Slingbox Pro-HD that code no longer works.
Jim
nuke12

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Jim if you want a fix, your going to have to get your hands a little dirty.

I don't have a DTV box or the remotes. I pointed out the old thread because it might help in developing one that works. As Rob pointed out, you can do some tests with RemoteMaster and see if you can get even one function to work (ie Power on/off). A JP1 remote & cable would be helpful.

Try some things and come back here. Some of the smart ppl can probably give you direction.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The DTV code that I developed for the Slingbox was specific for the PL version, and even though the Pro-HD works with PL files, it won't work with this one.

The best I can suggest is that you try creating a new bin file from one of the DTV upgrades using RM and see if that works.

I just checked my email log with Sling on this and it was a Moxi upgrade that required special PL specific code, so therefore I am not aware of any reason why the DTV upgrades would not work with the new Slingboxes.
nuke12

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

I just checked my email log with Sling on this and it was a Moxi upgrade that required special PL specific code, so therefore I am not aware of any reason why the DTV upgrades would not work with the new Slingboxes.

Rob, there are a bunch of DTV users over on the slingcommunity forums that were using this file;

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4633

They all say it is not working with the new Pro-HD box. I have no idea why its not working but I gave directions to here for assistance.
nuke12

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday, when I get a little more time. I'll load the file into my Slingplayer and I'll get a reading from my 4 IR Slingbox senders into my learning remote. I'll see what it's giving me. Maybe posting my results will help?
nuke12

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I installed the bin file into Slingplayer and captured the output with my learning remote. The device #, OBC, EFC look good to me but I'm not experienced enough to decipher the rest. I don't understand why the Russound protocol or how to figure in the parm data. The learned keys file is here;
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5883
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a DTV remote, could you learn the same buttons and post an IR file with all 10 learns, as that will let us compare the two sets of signals.
nuke12

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
If you have a DTV remote, could you learn the same buttons and post an IR file with all 10 learns, as that will let us compare the two sets of signals.

Sorry, I'm not a DTV user. I was just trying to help out with other people's issues. I thought by comparing the old file that worked with the Pro to the output from the same file on the Pro-HD might say something.

So we need one of these DTV people with a JP1 learning remote?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nuke12 wrote:
So we need one of these DTV people with a JP1 learning remote?

Sure thing. Actually, anyone with 2 JP1 remotes could learn the signals from the regular DTV upgrade.
Kevin Timmerman
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure exactly what info you need here...

A capture of a DirecTV remote (Model RC23) gives Russound Device 12 for DirecTV setup code 00001 and Russound Device 13 for DirecTV setup code 00002.

The file posted by nuke12 has Russound device 2. Same key codes as my capture (16,33,34,35,36).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the code in the new Slingbox is not working, I was hoping to compare the raw learned signals with those produced by the DTV remote. It's possible that the timings are slightly off, even if they're close enough for DecodeIR to treat them as being correct.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: