JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pioneer DVF07 DISC even and odd next trick
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
remote man 69

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject: Pioneer DVF07 DISC even and odd next trick Reply with quote

problem: if starting on a even dvd slot from player the sling remote control will only jump to the next even number and skip all the odd number slots..and also if starting on a odd number from the player the sling remote will only jump to odd numbers and skipping all the even numbers..

i tried many different remotes and BINs with similiar models 10 Hrs later i found the solution...Annoying work around but hey it works without having to get up lol

this sounds like a lot but it only takes a minute to set it up

First: Load the correct Model remote from slingbox setup on your PC= Choose Pioneer DVF07

Second: Go to the Pioneer Box now and Set up Custom Slots for the Even and Odd Discs Only need to create 2 of them but remember which numbers you choose because when you use the sling remote it will call on only recognized slots you created so the custom numbers you set up at the box make it easy to remember just use numbers 1(odd) and 2(even) also if you want to jump around a huge collection faster then setup the rest of your custom slots in increments of 40 EX:custom 4 =41 custom 5 =42, Custom 6=81 custom 7=82, then a higher one if your ballin custom 8=211 custom 9=212

For example : On the Pioneer player station create Custom Slot #1(or any Odd #) as Custom 1 (to do so do the following)*Scroll to slot disc 1 push play now press the direct custom number button you want.Done. Next do the same thing for the even custom #s EX:#2.

Step 69:
Now connect to the sling player app on your phone.
Select remote icon up to the right (You Must be in Stop-No DVD Playing)
Select MISC
Select custom21 Until you see Custom Video
Select The little squares to the left of MISC
Enter one of the numbers you set up at the box EX:#1 or #2 (press ENTER)
(If you select #1 you will go to next Discs in only Odd numbers)
(If you select #2 you will go to next Discs in only even numbers)

Now go back to MISC

Now press Next Disc or Previous Disc
(no matter how many times you press it it will keep you on that custom video # but thats the point because your telling the device what number system you want to use so make sure you do this step so it sticks)

Now FINALLY while in MISC still, push the Custom21 button ONCE for single mode or TWICE for all mode and now when you push next disc or previous disc it will jump you around your slots on Even #s if you chose or odd #s if you chose

If you dont want odd #s anymore and you want even #s instead start from Step 69 above use the even number you set up and vise versa.

here is a screen video in slingplayer mobile doing the step 69 process

https://gofile.io/?c=izewqn

From this point on changing the disc may take a while if your collection is big so just keep pressing the next disc button really fast and it will go some ways before stopping again. The original remote uses a wheel on it so maybe slingbox staff or fans can create a onscreen touch wheel to communicate the disc changer properly for Android devices or just an updated BIN with that function. Thats why it skips when you can only go from left to right.

this works for me as i use an app that tracks the slots of my films so now i can manage every slot wireless.[/url]

Last edited by remote man 69 on Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:55 am; edited 7 times in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds to me like the SKIP+ button is sending the signal twice, which is a common problem with Slingbox. Are you using a built in code or did you load a bin file from here?

If you're using a bin file, please provide a link to it. If you're using a built in code, please specify which one.

Hopefully with that information we can create a new bin file where the buttons don't repeat.
remote man 69

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be awsome if it could get fixed i used the slingbox setup wizard on windows and on the remote control setup it is built in option so you can select the correct model and yes the model is Pioneer DVF07 i dont know how to fix it myself yet so thank you if you could get it fixed faster. I am using the slingbox SB260
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I googled the DVF07 and found that it's a DVD / CD combo unit, so I don't know if it uses a standard Pioneer DVD code or something different, maybe Alan can advise?

If we were to create a new bin file for you, do you know how to load it into your Slingbox? If not, you might want to start reading up on that now. You can find the instructions in the Wiki (link at the top of the page).
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally non-standard, a signal type I have never seen before. It's a standard NEC protocol but when you send a signal to IRScope you get 4 readings. The 2nd and 4th are device 175 and the appropriate OBC but the 1st and 3rd readings are always device 163 and OBC 153 regardless of the button.

Obviously we cannot reproduce that, but hopefully using just the 175 device will be enough. Busy at the moment, but I will try and build a BIN file later.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the Pioneer DVD protocol Alan, it often gets misread as NEC. Did you compile all the codes that you captured? If so, compare them to a regular Pioneer DVD upgrade, like this one...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1597

Did we ever try to make a no-repeat version of this protocol?

Last edited by The Robman on Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call, it's identical. So I have redone it as a Slingbox BIN file and uploaded it at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25650

We don't have a no-repeat protocol but I guess it's worth trying anyway in case it works properly.

remote man: Please read and follow the installation instructions linked to in the readme file.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, remote man, here's the deal, we've created a new bin file for you just so we can confirm what signal your device responds to. I expect this bin file to have the same problem that you are currently experiencing of shipping 2 channels at a time. Please read the instructions carefully for loading a bin file if you've never done it before.

If you are able to confirm that the file works, albeit with the skipping problem, we will try to make one that doesn't skip.
remote man 69

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
So, remote man, here's the deal, we've created a new bin file for you just so we can confirm what signal your device responds to. I expect this bin file to have the same problem that you are currently experiencing of shipping 2 channels at a time. Please read the instructions carefully for loading a bin file if you've never done it before.

If you are able to confirm that the file works, albeit with the skipping problem, we will try to make one that doesn't skip.

ok i will try it and let you know. ok that made it worse because there was no next buttons on my phone and on the PC remote setup i used and tried all the sources ex:PVR sat cab dvd misc and even tried the 5,05,005,0005 number patterns in the sling config. And that was all done with the PL. I couldnt load the RV no matter what i tried. So i couldnt even get to test if it still skips with this custom BIN.

thank you for the try though

Found a little HQ zoom trick though. While in LQ zoom then switch to HQ and you will have HQ zoomed in VS if you try to zoom while in HQ it wont let you.

Found out some more behavior so in was on my even digits #20 and at the dvd title menu and i clicked on BONUS features and the slot changed from #20 straight to #21 but there was no bonus disk dvd in slot #21 it was a different movie so the movie on slot #21 loaded up without any error and then i stopped it and hit next track and sure enough im cycling through my odd numbers now instead of my even numbers that i had been on without custom video changing it to odd... just though id add this it might help you with your code.This player does read dvd text and cd text. and has a start up navigation in the startup navigation its just simple audio and video settings but im wondering if there is a dvd navigation setup im missing here .....dont know without a original remote plus manuals dont say much and nothing on google either.

It has a trick play processor for smooth scanning and has a Jog/Joy on OG remote
after reading up about trick play im gonna try and put my slingbox on a virtual network and see if that helps with the signal changing. Newer slingboxes probably dont have to deal with this but i aint getting any updates on my sb260 anytime soon. ill tell u if it lags out a signal instead of doubling it.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

remote man 69 wrote:
ok that made it worse because there was no next buttons on my phone and on the PC remote setup i used and tried all the sources ex:PVR sat cab dvd misc and even tried the 5,05,005,0005 number patterns in the sling config. And that was all done with the PL. I couldn't load the RV no matter what i tried. So i couldn't even get to test if it still skips with this custom BIN.

I have no idea what any of that means but you obviously didn't follow the instructions as I asked.
remote man 69

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i fixed it .. i had to hard factory reset my solo device the correct way. You have to have the solo device hooked up to your network router when you are hard resetting.

..i had this solo previously hooked up to the same router as im using now except the router had been flashed back to factory so i thought i was ready to plug up and setup. it connected fine it streamed passthrough content just fine i even turned off natboost to watch my traffic on this device and i had no packet loss no double nat notification from the connection of the device in my logs so i immediately thought it was the remotes code so i do apologize for the misconception. i think it let me hard reset the solo the first time i just plugged it into the wall but without it being hooked up to the router. to a certain point it never really was fully hard resetted so the device itself maybe had double signal files in it im assuming...so anyways its working 100% now. again thanks . if you need to delete the thread for space thats more educational i understand completely.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what anything you said meant, but I'm happy that you got it fixed.
remote man 69

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually i spoke to soon it started again so what are your instructions for these files because on slings website is what i followed to load the bin files you had..?
remote man 69

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
remote man 69 wrote:
ok that made it worse because there was no next buttons on my phone and on the PC remote setup i used and tried all the sources ex:PVR sat cab dvd misc and even tried the 5,05,005,0005 number patterns in the sling config. And that was all done with the PL. I couldn't load the RV no matter what i tried. So i couldn't even get to test if it still skips with this custom BIN.

I have no idea what any of that means but you obviously didn't follow the instructions as I asked.

those are options the remote lets you pick during the remote slingbox setup on your PC and if you use the OK or Enter button on your cable box which is what i had to choose because dvd would say it didnt exists it didnt make any difference what sequence i picked 5,05,005,0005 it had all the same results which ended with the disc staying on the same slot...then when i switched over to my mobile device to test it out The layout buttons under MISC tab didnt have any Next discs buttons.. do you get it? have you ever set up a solo box before? Because the setup is done through a desktop application. Its not like the other ones that are all java happy and using the web browser as a spine
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the top of this page, there is a link to the JP1 Wiki section, the Slingbox instructions are there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: