JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Download Issues Radio Shack 15-133

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:31 pm    Post subject: RMIR Download Issues Radio Shack 15-133 Reply with quote

I pulled out a couple of my old 15-133s (JP1.3 with FTDI USB cable) to set up as spares, but the download fails on both of them. I don't know which version worked last, as it's probably been 5 years since I used them. But now the download fails with "can't find signature starting 0" or something like that. I know there was a change made a while back to the timing used by the JP1.x driver and was wondering if there's any way for me to play with the timing to try to get it working again.

I'll provide some files if needed. But do consider this very low priority since these are such old remotes and probably used by very few people these days.

P.S. These have no extender loaded.

Thanks
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does a raw download work? If so, can you post one for me, please.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just downloaded my URC-7940, a JP1.3 remote, with RMIR v3.0.10 and an old Tommy JP1.x cable and not had any problem, so there isn't any universal issue with JP1.3 remotes and the current RMIR version. When you mention "the timing used by the JP1.x driver", I'm not sure if you mean jp12serial.dll or the FTDI driver. I am using Windows 10, I'm not sure what version of FTDI driver I have. I can test on a Windows 11 machine if that is what you are using.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Graham. When I did a raw download, I saw that the signature had gotten corrupted somehow, and even a 981 reset wouldn't fix it. So I was able to upload an old RMIR file and get it working again. It's all good now. Sorry for the false alarm.

BTW, this is in Win10. I thought I had read a while back that the timing in jp12serial had been changed. But turns out it's ok after all.

Thanks as always.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: