JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Raw Download from ARRX15G Xsight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt M

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject: Raw Download from ARRX15G Xsight Reply with quote

Could someone please take a look at this raw download. I get an error when trying to download from the remote using RemoteMaster.v2.08build1

Thanks!

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25615
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found the source of the problem but at present I do not know whether this is a bug in RMIR or a corruption in the setup. There is one macro that is used in two different situations, as a device-specific macro on the Input key for the Sceptre device and as the activity macro on the TV activity. Can you tell me if this is intentional, please? At present the data structures in RMIR do not allow it to be both. I do not know if the OS of the remote allows this or not.

Last edited by mathdon on Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done further investigation by uploading your raw download into my Nevo C2. The issue does appear to be a bug in RMIR, but it must be a pretty rare situation not to have been discovered before now.

I think I have fixed this in development build 3 of RMIR v2.08 that I have posted, as an upgrade to either builds 1 or 2, in the RMIR Development folder. I have left build 2 available there in case the fix causes unforeseen issues elsewhere.

Please report here if this works for you. I would also like to know where this setup came from, as it does not appear to have been created by RMIR and EZ-RC has been discontinued for quite a long time now.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I think I have fixed this in development build 3

I was wrong, the fix in build 3 is only partial. I have revised it and posted the result as development build 4 of RMIR v2.08, again in the RMIR Development folder. I have left build 2 still available but deleted build 3 from that folder.
Matt M

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I have found the source of the problem but at present I do not know whether this is a bug in RMIR or a corruption in the setup. There is one macro that is used in two different situations, as a device-specific macro on the Input key for the Sceptre device and as the activity macro on the TV activity. Can you tell me if this is intentional, please? At present the data structures in RMIR do not allow it to be both. I do not know if the OS of the remote allows this or not.

Yes, this was intentional. I wanted the activity to set the tv to the TV input, and AFAIK the only way to do that on a Sceptre TV is to select AV first and then use the AV/TV button to change to the TV input. I also wanted to have the macro on a button in case one of the commands got skipped while running the activity macro.

mathdon wrote:
I have done further investigation by uploading your raw download into my Nevo C2. The issue does appear to be a bug in RMIR, but it must be a pretty rare situation not to have been discovered before now.

I think I have fixed this in development build 3 of RMIR v2.08 that I have posted, as an upgrade to either builds 1 or 2, in the RMIR Development folder. I have left build 2 available there in case the fix causes unforeseen issues elsewhere.

Please report here if this works for you. I would also like to know where this setup came from, as it does not appear to have been created by RMIR and EZ-RC has been discontinued for quite a long time now.

I downloaded build4, and that fixed the problem, thank you!

I used RemoteMaster.v2.06build5 to program the remote. I don't know why it would appear as if I didn't use RMIR. I bought the remote used off of ebay and it may have shipped with previous programming using EZ-RC. I say may have because I have 3 of them, and I do know that one of them still had the old programming intact. Maybe it was this one?

I would have thought that I would have performed a factory reset, but I may not have. If I can help you with any more information just ask.

Thanks again for your help. Smile
Matt M

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have another question. On the learned signals tab I have the DVR function for the Dish Network on the Soft6 button. On the TV activity I have the Soft button group set to the Dish Network device. The DVR learned signal shows on the Soft6 button on the Dish Network device, but it doesn't show on the TV activity.

Is this normal?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure that I understand your question. Are you referring to the remote when you say that "The DVR learned signal shows on the Soft6 button on the Dish Network device, but it doesn't show on the TV activity. "? If so, on my Nevo C2 the DVR learned signal shows in Soft 6 position on both the Dish Network device and the TV activity. But what is in my remote now is your setup after loading it into RMIR. RMIR analyzes the setup in order to display it and then reconstructs it for upload, so the upload iin my remote is not identical to the raw download you originally posted.

Try downloading your remote into RMIR. If you look at the Raw Data tab I think you will see that some of the values are in bold. This shows that the RMIR reconstruction has made changes to what was downloaded. If you now do an upload I think you may find that the DVR learned signal also appears on the TV activity.

If you try this, please let me know whether or not it works.
Matt M

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is what I meant, and uploading the file to the remote fixed it! I really appreciate your help. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: