JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Living with the URC-7880

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StephenR0

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject: Living with the URC-7880 Reply with quote

Best Buy recently had a sale on these remotes and you might have picked one up. If you didn't, they seem to mess around with the price quite a bit. Usually, they try to get $59.99 for them, but they're down to $29.99 just now. In any case, when you get it there are a couple of things you might run into. I've worked out a couple of solutions that work for me. I've uploaded some pictures that you might want to download here.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25579

First, the battery cover can be very difficult to get off, especially if there batteries in the remote. To get it off, you have to push quite hard on a spot on the battery cover. Then use the other hand to shift the cover to the bottom end of the remote. "cover spot.jpg" is a picture with a white spot of where you have to push.

To make this easier, I've sanded the hook on the battery cover slightly. The picture "cover hook.jpg" shows the problem part. The picture "sanding hook.jpg" shows how I sanded the hook to make it easier to take off. You need to be careful not to go too far, of course. Sand a little and test it. Stop when you're happy. If yours seems to come off easy enough, don't even bother with this.

The other issue that I found is the transport buttons. This remote puts them on the lower end of the remote. Since I use these buttons quite a bit, the fact that the remote is very unstable on a flat surface when these buttons are pushed is a problem. So I added some feet to stabilize that portion of the remote. I've taken two pictures of the result, "extra feet.jpg" and "extra feet2.jpg". For me, that improves things considerably.

Actually, I like this remote. The button feel is very good. And the bluetooth programming capability that Graham has worked out is very nice. An extender would improve it, but I've been able to use it without one. So, hopefully this helps someone with this remote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: