JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

program nvidia shield RC to Nevo C2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radunn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject: Cannot Program TK628 air mouse to Nevo C2 Reply with quote

I just purchased the Nvidia Shield TV box and seperately purchased the TK628 (aka Linkstyle, Wokei) airfly mouse remote control. This remote operates the Nvidia Shield box (out of the box).
I have a Nevo C2 remote that I would like to program the TK628 to but so far am unsuccessful. I've programmed several other remotes to the Nevo without a hitch but this is not the case with the TK628. Are they incompatible protocols etc.? Any and all help is appreciated.
This is my 3rd post regarding this issue. The other 2 are deleted???
radunn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Best I can tell, the remote in question is essentially a wireless HID keyboard/mouse similar to a Logitech. It uses it's own proprietary RF to communicate with its own USB dongle. Radunn must have plugged the USB dongle into his Shield and is using the remote as a keyboard/mouse. So there is no IR to be learned.
Thanks for helping to narrow down, so Nevo cannot learn this remote.

Quote:

Since the 2017 Shield has no IR receiver at all, the Nevo would require the addition of an IR dongle like the FLIRC mentioned above.
With the addition of FLIRC could either remote (TK628/Shield) be programmed to Nevo; if so, what is the procedure?

Just ran across website "How to Use Flirc to Add Any Remote to Any Media Center" should give me insight. In advance thanks.

Last edited by radunn on Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

radunn wrote:
With the addition of FLIRC could either remote (TK628/Shield) be programmed to Nevo; if so, what is the procedure?
Should be as simple as plugging in the FLIRC and setting Nevo to an MCE or Xbox code (or one of our Media Center or Xbox upgrades). I don't know how many USB ports a shield has, but I think it should be able to handle both.
https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Remote-Control-Receiver-Raspberry/dp/B01NBRBWS6

May be able to find a cheaper older model on ebay that would work just as well for around $15.
radunn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Should be as simple as plugging in the FLIRC and setting Nevo to an MCE or Xbox code (or one of our Media Center or Xbox upgrades). I don't know how many USB ports a shield has, but I think it should be able to handle both.
Don't feel confident yet. Is setting Nevo to MCE/Xbox code merely downloading/installing xxx.rmir to Nevo, plugging Flirc into Shield followed by learning Nevo -> Flirc or Flirc -> Nevo?

Objective is programming TK628 rc to Nevo (done) but now understand TK628 is proprietary IR/usb dongle? Never used Flirc so at a loss.

Also, not receiving notifications at email when replied to. In advance thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

radunn wrote:

I see that both of your accounts use gmail addresses, and gmail is a good service for receiving forum email, so check ur spam folder. Also, do you really need 2 accounts?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radunn wrote:
mdavej wrote:
Don't feel confident yet. Is setting Nevo to MCE/Xbox code merely downloading/installing xxx.rmir to Nevo, plugging Flirc into Shield followed by learning Nevo -> Flirc or Flirc -> Nevo?

Objective is programming TK628 rc to Nevo (done) but now understand TK628 is proprietary IR/usb dongle? Never used Flirc so at a loss.

No learning required. Either set code directly on remote (Settings - Device - Add Device - Digital Media - Xbox) or add Xbox or Media Center Device device from file here.

Have you tried simply enabling CEC (HDMI control) as xnappo suggested? If that works well enough, you won't need an FLIRC.
radunn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
radunn wrote:

I see that both of your accounts use gmail addresses, and gmail is a good service for receiving forum email, so check ur spam folder. Also, do you really need 2 accounts?
The initial email account should have been *@nycap.rr.com or *@verizon.net. There was an issue receiving with said accounts and that's when gmail was added; don't recall registering 2 gmails accts. Can u supply the gmail account addresses? Only need 1 account. Gmail is active in my email app, nothing in junk/spam folder; haven't received anything from jp1...
radunn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
Another alternative is HDMI-CEC - the Shield does not use many buttons, and is one of the few devices that I find HDMI-CEC works well with. You need to turn on HDMI-CEC on both your TV and Shield, then you can use the IR receiver on the TV to control the Shield.
I haven't tried this option yet but will this effect the TK628 rc? The Xbox codes found in Nevo setup do not work; have yet to try the files.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radunn wrote:
xnappo wrote:
Another alternative is HDMI-CEC - the Shield does not use many buttons, and is one of the few devices that I find HDMI-CEC works well with. You need to turn on HDMI-CEC on both your TV and Shield, then you can use the IR receiver on the TV to control the Shield.
I haven't tried this option yet but will this effect the TK628 rc? The Xbox codes found in Nevo setup do not work; have yet to try the files.
The Xbox codes work with the FLIRC. Have you plugged that in yet? If they truly aren't working, then you have your FLIRC configured wrong. Run the FLIRC software and configure it to use MCE codes (default out of the box).

HDMI CEC will have no impact on the operation of your TK628.
radunn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
The Xbox codes work with the FLIRC. Have you plugged that in yet? If they truly aren't working, then you have your FLIRC configured wrong. Run the FLIRC software and configure it to use MCE codes (default out of the box).
Ok, I don't have FLIRC yet; I tried the default pairing using Nevo C2 -> Sheild. Might the Xbox files (files section) work oin Nevo to control the shield? My objective is to populate the Nevo.

p.s. can u look into why i'm not getting email notifications. MrRob says I have 2 gmail accounts; the main one is 'radunn55'. If one has to be deleted keep radunn55.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radunn wrote:
mdavej wrote:
Ok, I don't have FLIRC yet; I tried the default pairing using Nevo C2 -> Sheild. Might the Xbox files (files section) work oin Nevo to control the shield? My objective is to populate the Nevo.

p.s. can u look into why i'm not getting email notifications. MrRob says I have 2 gmail accounts; the main one is 'radunn55'. If one has to be deleted keep radunn55.
If you aren't going to try HDMI CEC, then the FLIRC is required. Just sit tight until it arrives.

You and Rob will have to work out the emai/account issues.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radunn wrote:
The initial email account should have been *@nycap.rr.com or *@verizon.net. There was an issue receiving with said accounts and that's when gmail was added; don't recall registering 2 gmails accts. Can u supply the gmail account addresses? Only need 1 account. Gmail is active in my email app, nothing in junk/spam folder; haven't received anything from jp1...
radunn wrote:

You're not aware of having 2 accounts? Think back to Oct 20, which is just 3 days ago, when you posted in this thread you used the account radunn1955 instead of radunn. You created that account when you accidentally locked yourself out of your original account. We discussed this back in April and you said then that you were successfully getting forum emails.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=101774

radunn1955 uses tempradunn55 (at) gmail.com
raydunn uses radunn55 (at) gmail.com
radunn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

You're not aware of having 2 accounts? Think back to Oct 20, which is just 3 days ago, when you posted in this thread you used the account radunn1955 instead of radunn. You created that account when you accidentally locked yourself out of your original account. We discussed this back in April and you said then that you were successfully getting forum emails.
Ditto, the password app I use to login has notation of the 2nd gmail address appended. I don't know what's going on. Currently, neither gmail account is receiving forum email notifications. I'll delete tempradunn login from JP! remotes login, thereby future logins will be to the radunn acct. Don't know if this is a fix but we'll see... Cheers
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click "Profile" at the top of the page and make sure the "Always Notify ..." option is set to YES. Then check your SPAM folder in gmail and right click and mark any such emails as NOT SPAM.
radunn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Click "Profile" at the top of the page and make sure the "Always Notify ..." option is set to YES. Then check your SPAM folder in gmail and right click and mark any such emails as NOT SPAM.
Thank you, YES was/is enabled.. still no notifications...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: