JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Issue with macros on RCRP05B

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Issue with macros on RCRP05B Reply with quote

I have been using JP1 remotes for some time and thought I had them pretty well figured out, but I am having an issue that I can't figure out.

I have been using the RCRP05B for some time with four devices (TV, 2 DVRs, and BD player) and the fifth device, my AVR, on Audio. I don't use that Audio button for any of the intricate controls of the AVR but essentially just use it for volume controls and switching between devices.

To switch between devices, I have set up 4 macros which are very simple. Basically, the first line is the AUD device, followed by the number key for the device I want to switch to. The final line is to switch to that device.

Recently I started using another device. I thought I could add that device to the AUD button, and then I would put the AVR device onto one of the extra device buttons,since I almost never actually use the buttons on the AVR device. So, in this case I put it on dev4. Doing this, the volume controls work fine, but when I changed the first line of the macros to dev4, none of them work.

So, is there an issue with programming this way? Can you not use one of these phantom devices in a macro? Is there some other way to do what I want, which is essentially to use a sixth device but only as I indicated, to control volume and switching on the AVR?

Thanks for any help.

SMK
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'd have to see your RMIR file to see what you did wrong.
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted the IR file:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25492

And this is the RMDU file for the Denon receiver:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25493

Thanks for your help.

SMK
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-download the IR file from your link to get my fixed version. You had all the dev4 buttons locked to a different device on the General tab.

I noticed you do volume punch thru a really weird way. Instead of just making dev4 your volume device you have keymoves for pg+/- on every device. Wouldn't you rather just use the vol keys and no keymoves?
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your help. I will get the fixed version.

Obviously you noticed that the volume controls are weird. This goes back to a time when I had a receiver that had no video switching capabilities. I used the TV sound most of the time and I only used the receiver when the sound was more important, mostly on BDs. So, I had the regular volume control for the TV and the page +/- buttons for the receiver volume. When I went to the Denon AVR last year, I just kept things the same because I was used to it.

My wife uses a 9910, and since switching to the AVR, her volume controls just control the receiver.

Thank you again. I greatly appreciate all the trouble you guys go through to set up all these programs and help idiots like me.

I will try the fix later today.

SMK
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDaveJ:

I just tried your "fixed" version of the IR, and it works. I still have some touch up to do, and maybe I will just use the volume passthrough and the volume controls now that I'm changing things anyway.

Thanks again for your (quick) help!

SMK
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: