JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can't get USB JP1.2/3 Cable to work - solved!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
plomaris1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject: Can't get USB JP1.2/3 Cable to work - solved! Reply with quote

I got a USB cable (I believe from Tommy Tyler) many years ago and it worked fine. It's a white cable with two LEDs (Red and Green) and it says JP1.2/3 and Made in the USA on it. However, it's been a few years since I've used it and have a new PC with Windows 10 and it won't work. I've installed the latest VCP driver from FTDI.

I've tried RMIR and it won't recognize the remote (I've tried 2 different Comcast Remotes which I know work and have used before with this JP1 cable). The port is recognized in Windows Device Manager but JP1XTEST doesn't find the remote. However, when I use Realterm, I can communicate with the remote and it will return the remote signature (301009). The LEDs flash appropriately when using Realterm. So, I don't know why I can't get RMIR to work.

Any other troubleshooting I can do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had to install any FTDI driver in Win 10 for the cable to work.

Are you picking the right Comm port in RMIR? What error are you getting exactly in RMIR? Can you post your rmaster.err file?
plomaris1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, I'm not at home now so I can't send the rmaster.err file, but I will when I can.

As for selecting the right Comm port in RMIR, I don't know where to set this. As I recall, there is a selection for the interface, and I've tried Auto and some other options like USB and Serial.
plomaris1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it figured out. I hadn't selected the proper interface and port. Thanks for the tip, mdavej!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: