JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adcom GCD-700

View previous topic :: View next topic  
n8nagel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Adcom GCD-700 Reply with quote

1. Device: Adcom GCD-700
2. Type of device: CD carousel
3. Year: 1995
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: ARRX15G Xsight 15 (Xsight Color) AKA URC-8602
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes, appears they only have preamps
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? yes my remote can learn
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? yes
12. If you have a OARUSB04G, URC-6440 (or similar) remote, have you tried simpleset.com? yes all devices there seem to be preamps

Stumped on this one. I guess I could see if Logitech has this one and learn from a Harmony, but I'm sure then I'd be missing some buttons. Just trying to use this with my Luxman TP-117 for which I've programmed my Xsight so it'd be nice to program in the CD player as well.

I did find this

http://www.remotecentral.com/files/ind-1.htm

Is there a way to get hex or NEC1 codes out of a "CCF" file?
n8nagel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind guys, I'm an idiot, I did not realize that there was a separate section for CD players. Very first entry.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=10

I have to wait for a set of AAs to recharge and I'll give it a try. I've already managed to modify that upgrade for my remote.
n8nagel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still looking for help with this. This is good enough to use but the REPEAT and RANDOM codes do not work on my unit. The CALL button has to do with programming tracks so I can't say whether that works or not because it'd actually take some effort to test it. Everything else seems to be OK my only other question is the code "CD Text?" there is no button for that on the original remote and I have no way to test it.

I know I'm going totally anal retentive on this but I'm having fun playing with shiny new toys. This will also integrate really nicely with my Luxman TP-117 based system.

Last edited by n8nagel on Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Adcom GCD-700 Reply with quote

n8nagel wrote:

IrScrutinizer -> Import -> Pronto Classic . Select filename, and "Load". You can then, for example, "Import all", or make a selection and "Import selected". You than then manipulate your collection in the "Scrutinize remote" table. Then ...

It appears that the device is also on irdb.tk. This can be accessed directly from IrScrutinizer; select Import -> IRDB. Then select "Select me to load" on Manufacturer, then select Adcom as manufactdurer, ... -- you get the idea.
n8nagel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Adcom GCD-700 Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
n8nagel wrote:

IrScrutinizer -> Import -> Pronto Classic . Select filename, and "Load". You can then, for example, "Import all", or make a selection and "Import selected". You than then manipulate your collection in the "Scrutinize remote" table. Then ...

It appears that the device is also on irdb.tk. This can be accessed directly from IrScrutinizer; select Import -> IRDB. Then select "Select me to load" on Manufacturer, then select Adcom as manufactdurer, ... -- you get the idea.

Thank You!

I looked at the CCF that was posted and that had a different code for RANDOM than the upgrade that I found here. That corrected that issue. Apparently that CCF was confused about REPEAT as well so that is still not working. I will have to look at IRDB and see if they have a valid code for REPEAT.

Edit: Thank you again! IRDB had a different NEC1 code for REPEAT than the upgrade file I'd found and now that is working too. IRDB agrees with the value that I have for CALL so I am hopeful that this is good. I still have no idea what CD TEXT is about I may just delete that one and upload a new upgrade once I'm confident in it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have most buttons working, there is a way to search for extra buttons by trying button codes that are not yet accounted for.

To do this, create a new upgrade using the same protocol and device codes, then program as many buttons as you can using OBCs that are not part of your main upgrade. Start with any gaps in the number sequence, for example if PLAY=5, STOP=7, REWIND=8, etc I would be curious what happened to OBC 6?
n8nagel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob and thanks for the reply.

I looked up a picture of the original remote online and every button that is present on the original remote is mapped.

I have not tested the "Call" button since I had to do some paying work today, and that is apparently only used when you have a sequence of tracks programmed to play in the unit. I probably will never use this functionality as I've transitioned to mostly FLAC files played through a USB DAC from my laptop (can be controlled by my phone while sitting on couch too) but I just wanted to complete this upgrade because I'm a little bit of a perfectionist and don't like "mostly working" stuff.

I'm just afraid that the design department is going to like this Xsight better than the Harmony 650 that's running the home theater setup, and I already told her that I bought another one to play with, that could be a whole damn rabbit hole... let's see, TV, AVR, cable box, Apple TV, Sony BDP... and I'm sure that AVR does not have ALL of the buttons mapped but I guess I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised! I just am not a huge fan of the 650, I loved it at first but now after only a few years I need to at least take it apart and paint some conductive paint on all the button bottoms, they're getting real flaky.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Adcom GCD-700 Reply with quote

n8nagel wrote:
I still have no idea what CD TEXT is about I may just delete that one and upload a new upgrade once I'm confident in it.

I don't know if it's what THEY mean, but the term "CD Text" refers to the text that can be written to a CD, but rarely is, that lists the song titles for each track.

You know how most car CD players can handle MP3 CDs and how they display the song titles, well if you happen to have a regular music CD that just happens to have CD text on it, it would show them for that CD too. So maybe that's what it is?

If you want to burn a CD to test it, I discovered a free program called ImgBurn that let's you do it.
n8nagel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just not sure why that button was in the old upgrade that's all. If nothing else, I just looked it up and the player was built a year before the CD Text standard was even announced. Mysteries of the universe I guess.
n8nagel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this one is sorted. I just programmed some tracks into the player and tested the "CALL" button and everything is functional as the manual says it should be. I've uploaded the upgrade file to the file section.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25240
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: