JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rveal - Android TV set-top box
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
widlarphan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to correct my self:
1/ The label of the virtual button that worked as SELECT (OK) is correctly label OK button
2/ The label of the virtual button that worked as go to HOME SCREEN is the RED color programmable NO label button
*** The virtue POWER button makes volume go to zero then immediately back to the level it was as it does make the set top box to REACT but NOT actually working CORRECTLY as my previous post
*** The virtue GUIDE button brings up play, pause, forward, backward... top bar menu while streaming video AND while that top bar menu is on the screen, the YELLOW color programmable NO label button makes the highlighted chosen field button of the top bar menu jump 2 icons to the left of the top bar menu, and the BLUE color programmable NO label button makes the highlighted chosen field button of the top bar menu jump 2 icons to the right of the top bar menu
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

widlarphan, what were the 9 buttons that you learned originally? Several of the buttons that you described as working in an unusual fashion were from your original learns, so I'm wondering if it's hard for you to tell what button you're pressing when it isn't labeled properly.

Here's a summary of the buttons that somewhat worked for you, with the OBC codes added:

13 SELECT = SELECT (OK)
83 RED = HOME SCREEN
77 POWER = volume goes to zero then back (mute?)
13 GUIDE = brings up play, pause, forward, backward... top bar menu
37 YELLOW = jump 2 icons to the left
39 BLUE = jump 2 icons to the right

Now see how that relates to the original list of learned buttons that you posted:

code/OBC/button
0Dh 77 = POWER
12h 27 = Custom20
1ah 83 = RED
1bh 38 = Custom21
1ch 40 = Green
1dh 37 = Yellow
1eh 39 = Blue
1fh 13 = SELECT and GUIDE
22h 73 = White

The buttons that you didn't report on where the GREEN, WHITE, CUSTOM20 and CUSTOM21 buttons. They should have done something as they match 4 of the original 9 buttons that you posted.

The thing with remote buttons is, they often do different things based on what state, or what menu, the system is in at the time, so it might be beneficial for you to re-familiarize yourself with what the original buttons do, as this would help you recognize them when you test the bin files. As an example, the SELECT and GUIDE buttons in Binky's file have the same code programmed to them, yet in your testing you found that the SELECT button works properly and the guide button brings up a transport key menu. I suspect that you were in a screen where pressing SELECT would bring up that menu when you were testing.

Btw, when you test, are you using the PL or RV file? If we know it will save us having to create both. And are you familiar at all with our RM program, and if not, are you willing to learn? Because if you do, you can do a lot of the setup yourself.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have created 7 test files (C2001 thru C2007) where buttons 1-9 in the C2001 file contain the 9 learned codes that you originally posted, so test those carefully and match them up to the buttons that you learned. The rest of the buttons in the files cover the rest of the possible button codes. I've limited this to the obvious virtual buttons, so you don't have to worry about custom buttons.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25195
widlarphan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank a lot, The Robman, but I have tried ALL of your 7 BIN files on every single virtue buttons on each BIN file from the HOME SCREEN; your bin file 1 gives only digit 8 is the SELECT key, bin file 2 gives most buttons bring up the virtue keyboard, bin 3 some buttons bring up some deep Android sub-directories that I have never seen before, bin 4 through 7 gives NO response to any button. My Vulkano learn file I have done so MANY MANY years ago so I no longer remember ANY details about it BUT whenever using my home wifi network, ALL virtue buttons on the Vulkano Android cellphones or Android tablets applications still function all CORRECTLY, BUT the Vulkano Flow streaming application and all of its virtue buttons only works at home because Monsoon Inc. NO LONGER exists so NO remote server away from home using !! I am a very old man with multiple serious sickness, so learning new things as you mentioned are impossible for an very old AND sick man as I have been fighting for my own existence at my age all the time, and my brain understandably no longer can be in any shape to learn anything new or old !! IF you DO want to help an OLD and SICK man FOR A GOOD CAUSE then can I postal mail my PHYSICAL IR palm remote control to YOU from my residence in California, OR to some experts that you know from this forum residing IN THE USA, since I did buy the second USB - RF option palm remote control for this RVEAL box, so my IR palm remote control is just my back up remote, so YOU OR some expert can help to create the CORRECTLY function virtue remote Slingbox Pro HD 300 BIN file ??? If you agree to help then you OR some expert please email me at: widlarphan at yaho... your physical address in the USA so I can postal mail you my physical palm IR remote. Thank a lot for a reply to THIS message and best regards

Last edited by widlarphan on Tue May 01, 2018 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

widlarphan wrote:
your bin file 1 gives only digit 8 is the SELECT key

The digit 1 thru 9 buttons in bin1 are the exact buttons that you learned, and 5 of them are the codes that you described as doing something from Binky's file, so I have to question your test results.

widlarphan wrote:
bin file 2 gives most buttons bring up the virtue keyboard, bin 3 some buttons bring up some deep Android sub-directories that I have never seen before

I would need to know exactly which buttons produced each response in order to make any use of this info.

widlarphan wrote:
bin 4 through 7 gives NO response to any button.

That is as expected as those contain the higher button codes.
widlarphan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I postal mail you or some expert IN THE USA, that you know who wants to help, my PHYSICAL IR palm remote control so it is MUCH easier and MUCH more accurate than anything else that we can ever spend a lot of more efforts and time to try ??? If you are OK, then please email me at widlarphan at yaho... your physical mailing address OR some expert physical mailing address IN THE USA; Alan did tell me that he would like that way to be much more accurate and much easier to generate the MOST ACCURATE BIN file to help me but he lives in England !! Thank a lot anyway for your help
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uploaded to http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25196 the files I worked with in case I made a mistake along the way.

I converted the Vulkano Flow LRN binary file into a text file. I then cut-n-pasted the relevant sections into IR.exe learned tab to interpret.

Difference between each chunk is 7Ch/124d which is at offset 66h.
Chunk format is <keycode> <Length of Chunk> <2-byte offset?> <keycode> <Length Learn Payload>
Take <Length Learn Payload> and rest of <Length Learn Payload> bytes and add 01 20 at the front and paste
into IR.exe Learned Data section to see the learned code analysis. Some of the chunks may have extraneous bytes.

Code:

000ff1h NEC1 OBC=13
1f 3f 00 00 1f
3c 00 d2 09 01 48 bb c0 01 48
 4d 20 11 7b 08 dd 11 7b 04 71 12 26 03 c5 11 ca
 04 20 01 48 03 24 01 20 03 4c 01 20 01 16 28 28
 88 88 88 77 66 66 66 87 87 68 88 88 78 87 66 61
 50 40 37

The above is the Select code. I click on Add button in IR.exe Learned tab and then add 01 20 and then the bytes starting with 3c 00 d2. Assign it to a random button. Click OK. It pops back with NEC1 128 OBC=13.
widlarphan

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank a lot, binky123 !!! But your VERY LAST post with its files attached is too technical for me to understand as I downloaded all files and NOT see any BIN file to load. Can I postal mail you, hopefully you live IN THE USA as I do, my PHYSICAL IR palm remote control so it is MUCH easier and MUCH more accurate than anything else that we can ever spend a lot of more efforts and time to try ??? If you are OK, then please email me at widlarphan at yaho... your physical mailing address IN THE USA; Alan did tell me that he would like that way to be much more accurate and much easier to generate the MOST ACCURATE BIN file to help me but he lives in England !! Thank a lot anyway for your help
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted my work for informational purposes in case I made a mistake in analyzing your LRN file. You didn't have to download it.

It is odd that your testing gets partial results. I would think if one function works, all of the other functions you learned should work. I was wondering if the Android software is listening for multiple types of IR signals.

I don't have real IR capture hardware that can get carrier frequency. I only have a TK1838 IR sensor I took from an old device and a cheap clone logic analyzer I use for sampling. I also have a URC-10820 that can mostly learn IR signals. You may want to send it to someone that can get the full info from the IR remote control using IR capture hardware.
chuliu

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

copied from the other thread:
Maybe thsi will work?
location of the file: /system/etc/remote.conf

Does the remote.conf file that you posted on the first page come from your device? Or is it just a guess from some other type of Xiaomo box or someone else who has rooted the same box?

That file lists factory_code = 0x00860001. The first four diigits of this code are the subdevice and device codes in hex. Here 0x86 = 134 decimal, which is the device code used in the upgrades that have been crated in this thread. The subdevice from factory_code is 0.

The following section of remote.conf defines the mapping of the OBCs to android functions:

key_begin
0x05 103
0x06 108
0x0b 105
0x0c 106
0x0d 97
0x08 102
0x07 158
0x04 139
0xea 116
0x11 236
0x03 240
0x0e 115
0x0f 114
0x30 104
0x33 109
0x35 68
0x36 87
0x38 67
key_end

The first value is the OBC in hex and the second value is the android key code. Android keycodes are referenced in this thread in the Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl file: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/aml872mx/tronsmart-ab/firmware-roms-tools-ab/9997-prometheus-universal-remote-setup-for-any-amlogic-board-with-ir/page2

Converting the hex OBC code to decimal so that it works with remotemaster and translating the second value to a key name gives us the following:

key_begin
0x05 = OBC 5 103 = DPAD_UP
0x06 = OBC 6 108 = DPAD_DOWN
0x0b = OBC 11 105 = DPAD_LEFT
0x0c = OBC 12 106 = DPAD_RIGHT
0x0d = OBC 13 97 = DPAD_CENTER
0x08 = OBC 8 102 = HOME
0x07 = OBC 7 158 = BACK
0x04 = OBC 4 139 = MENU
0xea = OBC 234 116 = POWER WAKE
0x11 = OBC 17 236 = POWERLOW
0x03 = OBC 3 240 = (not listed)
0x0e = OBC 14 115 = VOLUME_UP
0x0f = OBC 15 114 = VOLUME_DOWN
0x30 = OBC 48 104 = VOLUME_UP
0x33 = OBC 51 109 = VOLUME_DOWN
0x35 = OBC 53 68 = F10 WAKE_DROPPED
0x36 = OBC 54 87 = F11 WAKE_DROPPED
0x38 = OBC 56 67 = F9 WAKE_DROPPED
key_end

On the second page of this thread 3FG identified the following buttton names and OBCs, which match to what I have above:

Menu Xiaomi Dev= 134 OBC= 4
Up Xiaomi Dev= 134 OBC= 5
Down Xiaomi Dev= 134 OBC= 6
Exit Xiaomi Dev= 134 OBC= 7
Home Xiaomi Dev= 134 OBC= 8
Left Xiaomi Dev= 134 OBC= 11
Right Xiaomi Dev= 134 OBC= 12
Select Xiaomi Dev= 134 OBC= 13
Vol+ Xiaomi Dev= 134 OBC= 14
Vol- Xiaomi Dev= 134 OBC= 15
Power Xiaomi Dev= 60 OBC= 204

(This assumes that exit and back are just different names for the same key.)

Taking out the matching values leaves:

OBC 234 = POWER WAKE
OBC 17 = POWERLOW
OBC 3 = (not listed)
OBC 48 = VOLUME_UP
OBC 51 = VOLUME_DOWN
OBC 53 = F10 WAKE_DROPPED
OBC 54 = F11 WAKE_DROPPED
OBC 56 = F9 WAKE_DROPPED

If the remote.conf file you posted on the first page is from your box, it suggests that these are the only other values that the box will recognize. These additional volume_up and volume_down keys might be recognized as something else.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuliu, did you mean to post this in this thread?
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this thread http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100121. It mentions an Android Set Top Box with NEC1 device 128. The OTT TV Box MXQ is listed in Logitech's Harmony as Quick Play MXQ Pro.

I downloaded the RMDU file http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14131 and it does have all the OBC codes learned from the RVeal LRN file. It also seems to map to a reasonable set of functions.

Mute = 77
Return/Go Back = 27
Home = 83
Up Arrow = 38
Down Arrow = 40
Left Arrow = 37
Right Arrow = 39
OK/Select = 13
Menu = 73

My reading of the RVeal 1 product description also mentions a Bluetooth capable AIR mouse and keyboard. It seems the box can still handle IR signals though.

It seems the RVeal's IR decoding function is in an odd state or has been corrupted? Maybe remote.conf file has been changed? but why is original RVeal remote still working?

Is there a problem with the Slingbox Pro HD 300 sending the IR signals via the IR Emitter cable?

I created a C2001_PL.bin file with NEC1 device 128 and the above codes mapped to those buttons. It is here at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25197.
chuliu

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
chuliu, did you mean to post this in this thread?

Yes, because the op has an android box and I read in the other thread that if one has access to remote.conf file, he might be able to get info on the remote of that box.

However, I just checked my two android boxes and they don't have that file. I, therefore, am not that sure about the correctness of that method.

It seems certain android boxes with certain chipset doesn't have remote.conf file as I read on google.

I think the op should install es file explorer on his android box and check /system/etc/ to see if there is remote.comf file. If there is, he can post that here and we might be able to decode its remote.

widlarphan

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky123, I JUST noticed and found out that the virtue remote created by your BIN file on my desktop WINDOWS 10 Singplayer application where I stored all BIN files in my Desktop PC to load and complete the Slingplayer required process for a CUSTOM BIN, is VERY DIFFERENT than the virtue remote automatically appears on my ANDROID cellphone and my ANDROID tablet AFTER I finished the process to load your BIN file from my Desktop PC Slingplayer; AND these remote are EVEN DIFFERENT than my PHYSICAL palm IR remote, in term of NUMBERS of buttons and buttons labels !!! The Android virtue remote has by far the MOST numbers of buttons for custom functions than the other remotes, and it actually works on a few more functions than the Windows 10 desktop virtue remote !!! Example: the custom 22 button DOES function as the go to HOME SCREEN button on my physical IR palm remote, the Volume up and Volume down works on Android virtue remote BUT NOT work on any desktop or notebook Windows 10 PC virtue remote. The custom 23 on Android moves highlighted cursor to the right BUT this function is NOT working on ANY buttons on the Windows 10 PC virtue remote ! BUT the MOST IMPORTANT KEY virtue buttons that we DO need to use my Android Cellphone for remote away from home control STILL NOT working on ANY of the buttons on the Android virtue remote, like: escape to previous menu, move cursor up, down, left... all NOT working !!! Since nobody who has IR detection machine to offer help as you suggested me to send my physical IR remote to, CAN I just postal mail my (back up) PHYSICAL palm IR remote control AND my Android set top box user NAME, and streaming PASSWORD on Slingplayer application through its streaming server to YOU, so you can try something THEN test your code, BIN in the REAL WORLD environment BY log into my account on Slingplayer with my Android set top box user NAME, and streaming PASSWORD ??? If you DO agree to really help THEN please email me at: widlarphan at yah... your USA physical mailing address so I can postal mail you my palm IR remote control AND my Android set top box user NAME, and streaming PASSWORD on Slingplayer application. Thank a lot for a reply to THIS message, and best regards
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

widlarphan, did you notice that Binky posted a new bin file for you to test? (link below) This one looks like it's a very good match to your Rveal, so try this one.

He only posted a PL file, so let us know if you're really using the RV files.

binky123 wrote:
I created a C2001_PL.bin file with NEC1 device 128 and the above codes mapped to those buttons.

It is here at
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25197.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: