JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Catalyst 48 RDF Expert Needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Catalyst 48 RDF Expert Needed Reply with quote

I have a jp 1.2 remote sig 1053 Branded as Toshiba REM48TVB
It appears as though this development rdf for the Catalyst 48 might work for it l http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5682 but I want to make sure
My raw download is here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25162

What also bothers me is that the power button does nothing and does not show up in a macro
The device buttons seem to send discrete on signal and the command 972 to activate /deactivate device power just gives one long blink that it does nothing
An old 8 device remote with all buttons in great shape so I would like to salvage it

Any help appreciated
Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I created that RDF, but it was 10 years ago, so I don't remember anything about it, and I'm not sure why it didn't make it into the RDF distribution.

All I can say is, try it out and see how it goes. Try learning some buttons (if your remote has learning) and see if they are displayed correctly. Try programming some macros onto buttons other than the POWER button, as you had problems with that one, and see if they display correctly. Try programming a keymove or two (994 command) to see if they display correctly.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Catalyst 48 RDF Reply with quote

I uploaded a modified version of your file http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25169. It is working for me. The problems that i am not sure of is that i have 6 phantom buttons seems strange to me.
also weird is the fact that all buttons are in great shape. The power button bothered me so i took it apart and found that an insulating clear plastic between the circuit board and the buttons was in the way of the pwr button, repositioning it and the power button now works. Also i have found that 9xx command 971 then a device adds the power code to that device button. it will only do one device though so i still think i did something wrong in the rdf as if it has a phantom HT button. Im not sure i do not know enough about this stuff. At least my modified RDF got me started in the right direction
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the commas in your button list, you are missing commas after rewind=$1F and Pause=$1D and you have one that you don't need after Phantom6=$3F,
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Catalyst 48 RDF Reply with quote

Thank you
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under [DeviceButtons] section, you have two SAT = entries. One should probably be CD.

I also uploaded a Catalyst 48 URC-48C20.pdf manual for Funai here. You can cut out the image on the first page and used that for your Catalyst 48 map if it matches your remote.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Catalyst 48 RDF Reply with quote

It does not surprise me that i screwed up and put 2 SAT entries. Thanks for the pdf it is better than the one i have
I have pics but the best one "Map This ' does not like it
Maye because of watermark or its size

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25175
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Catalyst 48 RDF Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that to manually program in a device it is required to enter a prefix
of 0 = CBL/SAT, 1 = TV, 2 = DVD, 3 = Audio then the 4 digit code from the manual
This is not mentioned in the PDF. Must be the way Toshiba made it
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Catalyst 48 Reply with quote

I have a pic that should work for "Map this"
But my time is limited
Hopefully should have map done in a week or so
Also I want to make my rdf better so that the functions are automatically on the buttons when making an upgrade
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Final Reply with quote

All working RDF, Pic, and Map uploaded here

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25182
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: