JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Phonotrend Prestige DVD2200 - DVD player
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsbrux

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Phonotrend Prestige DVD2200 - DVD player Reply with quote

I have an old DVD player which I would like to operate from a multi-device capable remote. Unfortunately, my trusty old XSight Touch (URC 8603) fails to learn any of it's remote's buttons. I have read about using dedicated PC peripheral hardware to decode strange remotes here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=IrScrutinizer_Guide
However, I am wondering if I can't do something with what I already have.
I have an HTPC running Windows 7 Pro x64 with an IR input. Is there some Windows (or Java) software which I could use to capture signals from the PC's built-in IR receiver?
I have an old version of CCFtools, which I used to use with a (Compaq!) iPaq running Pronto emulation software. Would that be of any use?
Without knowing what the DVD remote is sending, I don't know what kind of universal or multi-device remote I might need to emulate it.
Any suggestions on how to proceed would be most welcome!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not experiment with what you have by first trying to learn a simple signal, like the ones used by your DVB-C cable remote and if you get it to work, then try your Phonotrend remote.

Given that you were able to learn the DVB-C remote ok, it looks like you know how to learn signals, but you should experiment a little when it doesn't work the first time, by trying to move the 2 remotes further apart or closer together, or by using short presses of the source button, then long presses, etc. If you find a method that seems to work, try it with all the buttons.
chuliu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
You do know that you can check the protocol to your remote signal in the learned signal tab? I asked because in your other thread, you uploaded rmir for your cable stb, and said that you didn't know its protocol. However, it showed nec1 s protocol in your rmir file in learned signal tab.

If you checked learned signal tab and the protocol is something like gapxxxxxx, then I suggest you upload rmir here for decoding.
rsbrux

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but I have tried short presses, long presses and several distances, varying from an inch to a yard. The XSight just doesn't see anything.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next I think you should do some experiments to verify that the DVD remote is sending an IR signal and not an RF signal.

Use a digital camera or the camera in your phone to view the sending end of the DVD remote, if it's sending an IR signal you will see it flash.

http://www.instructables.com/id/See-Infrared-LED-Light-with-an-iPhone-4/
chuliu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I created rmdu for the closest match in harmony remote database.
I think it is for phonotrend prestige dvd 2350.
But you can give it a try:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25146
rsbrux

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@The Robman,
Yes, it is clear that the original remote uses IR, not RF:
    It has a prominently visible LED at the front.
    When I cover the LED, no commands work.
    When I look at the LED with my smartphone camera and press a key, I can see the LED flash in the camera preview.

@chuliu,
Many thanks for your rmdu file. Unfortunately, when I incorporate it into my Xsight Touch configuration, none of the keys work with the DVD2200.

@all,
Any other suggestions?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can suggest at this point then is for you to buy an IR Widget from Tommy Tyler and try to use that to capture the signals.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9405
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps look into running WinLIRC ( http://winlirc.sourceforge.net/ ) on your Windows HTPC to capture IR signals.

Also, perhaps the iPAQ can be used to record IR signals in CCF format. You can use IRScrutinizer to import and analyze the CCF format.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky123 wrote:
Perhaps look into running WinLIRC ( http://winlirc.sourceforge.net/ ) on your Windows HTPC to capture IR signals.

Also, perhaps the iPAQ can be used to record IR signals in CCF format. You can use IRScrutinizer to import and analyze the CCF format.

May work. If you try, be sure to tell us the outcome, positive or negative. Another thing that you can try (you probably do not want to ditch Windows Smile) is to boot from a Linux Live CD/DVD/USB stick, and see if it recognizes the IR recever; in that case there will be a device called /dev/lirc0. (You may have to manually install Lirc with sudo aptget lirc or sudo dnf install lirc). If so you can use IrScrutinizer with /dev/lirc0 as capturing device. (In principle, using Lirc may also be an alternative, but it sucks...)

The Robman wrote:
... an IR Widget from Tommy Tyler ...

Is he still selling these? Anyhow, I have a problem paying 35USD + S&H for material worth at most 5USD.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
Is he still selling these? Anyhow, I have a problem paying 35USD + S&H for material worth at most 5USD.

Then why don't you make some for sale at a more reasonable cost?
rsbrux

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky123 wrote:

I have managed to resurrect PDAwin TV remote controller 5.74 on my iPAQ H3900. It can learn the Phonotrend remote signals and reproduce them faithfully enough to control the DVD player. PDAwin TV remote controller can give me the result(s) in a CCF file, so I am now trying to extract the contents using decodeCCF:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1887
This seems to work, once I figured out that I needed to use the 32 bit version of decodeir.dll which I got with RMIR 2.06 build 2. The only problem is that my CCF is full of other things, so I need to make one with only one device to avoid confusion. Once I have learned all of the buttons that way, I will report back.

Thanks to all who responded for your helpful advice!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you post the DecodeCCF output, we can build a JP1 upgrade from it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rsbrux, any updates?
rsbrux

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind offer, and sorry for the delayed response; it took me a while to find time to make a decent CCF and then learn all of the functions. Here is the result, as decoded by decodeCCF:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25154
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: