JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas 1056B01 2 New Remotes, same raw, macros broken on 1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duane27

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Atlas 1056B01 2 New Remotes, same raw, macros broken on 1 Reply with quote

I have two Atlas 1056B01 Remotes I just bought. They have both been uploaded with an .rmir configured with extender v3.03. Remote #2 works perfectly, Remote #1 will not operate macros. In addition, remote #2 will not deactivate, which is fine with me. Remote #1 will deactivate. i just bought these remotes as replacements for my other remotes that I've had for a number of years. Those are configured identically to the new remotes. I'm at a loss to understand what is going on. i downloaded the raw .ir from #1 and #2 and they are identical. I don't understand how that is possible. I've been using the v3.03 extender for a number of years now and it makes my life so much easier, except when something like this happens. Is the remote defective? Thank you for creating the extender and helping maintain it. I'm very grateful. -Duane
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did both remotes have the same signature before you loaded the extenders?
Duane27

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Did both remotes have the same signature before you loaded the extenders?

Thank you for your quick response. I neglected to check the signatures, but they are exact models in unopened packages. I was not able to download the .rmir out of the box and received an error suggesting that there might be a problem with remote master and to exit remote master and reopen and do a raw download, which I did for each of them. They are identical. Would those contain the signatures? I'm using the most recent RemoteMaster v2.06 build 5.

When I noticed that there was some sort of problem I did some research on macro problems and tried a factory reset 980 and 981 and then uploaded the original .rmir I had from one of my other remotes and then installed extender v3.03 3x33-notes.hex following the identical process for both remotes again to see if they behaved the same but they did not. They seemed to be fine except for the problems I mentioned in my first post. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike consumer remotes, these Atlas remotes (which are intended to be shipped with cable boxes, etc) often look exactly the same but have slightly different chips inside. We can usually tell which version of the remote it is by its signature.

So I would not have advised just blindly loading an extender into a remote without first knowing if its the right extender for this version of a remote.

But hopefully one of the Atlas experts can help you from here.
Duane27

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your comments. I managed to solve the problem. You got me thinking that I should try getting the remote to work in its non-extended form, which would have had to have been the 30333033 signature, model 1056B01. So I took the stock image I had made from another older remote of the same model as my two new ones and uploaded it to the new broken macro remote changing its sig to what I felt was the original sig 30333033. From there I modified the rmir by adding a very simple macro. The macros on this unextended version worked fine. So then I installed the extender v3.03 which zeroed out the device setup codes. I wanted to see if I could get the macros to work without doing any device updates so I changed the setup codes for the 5 device buttons to their stock default device setup codes thinking that those might still be in the stock (upper?) memory, which they were. I added a DSM macro and it worked flawlessly. Then I just uploaded the .rmir from my other working remote and they now both work!

I suspect that I treated the two new remotes differently in the beginning and somehow the portion of memory that deals with macros then also differed. My reasoning is that by creating macros in the unextended remote using RemoteMaster modified that area of memory so that it would carry over to the extended version. I don't know if that's what actually happened but I had run out of ideas to try prior to posting my problem to the board. I just never tried creating macros in the unextended version of the remote. Whatever the problem was, what I did solved it. Neither remote will disable the extender unless I reimage using the original unextended image, but this is not a problem for me. If someone needs the stock 1056B01 image that I used I'm happy to upload it. I hope this helps someone else who may run into some similar problem. Thank you again for your quick response and for Bill and Elizabeth's work and posts that gave me ideas for possible problems and solutions. RemoteMaster and Bill's extender are awesome tools well worth learning and using. Thank you again.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duane27 wrote:
If someone needs the stock 1056B01 image that I used I'm happy to upload it. I hope this helps someone else who may run into some similar problem.

If you think it would be useful, go ahead and load it now, and post a link to it below. Otherwise, if someone finds this thread, let's say, 5 years from now and posts a request for it, you're unlikely to see it.
Duane27

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link to the image file I used in the above solution...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25137
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: