JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nevo C2 - Using it for over a month

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iboston

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Nevo C2 - Using it for over a month Reply with quote

I am now officially in love with this remote. It was a bit of a learning curve going from the way my URC remote got programmed to how this one gets programmed, but i have become accustomed.

I love the LCD screen so that i can create custom buttons with custom names, that way i don't forget which key i reserved for a certain action.

I love the icon feature, and have added a bunch of icons for my favorite channels so i can quickly jump to those channels.

Now that i used activities to change devices rather than the devices button I have gotten the functionality i was expecting.

The only complaint i have about the remote, the buttons don't press as easily as my other remotes.

Giving an example of one of my Macro Commands.
[Watch Cspan]
1. Turns AV receiver to AV6.
2. Turns my AV selector to 4.
3. Turns on the IR AC power block for my Analog receiver.
4. Selects Favorite List on my Satellite Receiver
5. Selects Cspan. (which moves the satellite)

Easy Peezy now![/list]
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using one for a couple of months and must say that I'm not a huge fan. I like many of the features but the buttons just don't do it for me. The arrows are hard to use (too small) and many of the other buttons aren't where I'd like them to be.

I continue to try to change things around on who it works (i.e. what remains the screen at the end of an activity) as well as am trying to get used to it, but I may well switch back to a "real" button remote with an extender to give me "activities" on real buttons.

for me the jury is still out
iboston

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can FULLY respect that.. The arrow keys and ok key were driving me nuts at first too because they were a lot smaller than my last remote, but my fingers have seem to adjusted to it.

I think what really sells it for me is the fact that i have a lot of special keys that is nice to have labeling for. There were keys i didn't use too often that i kept forgetting. The Activities and LCD SoftKey Macros allows me to have a full text description of the key, and being its not used so often, i don't mind having to scroll through to the action.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: