JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nevo C2 USB Connection Fail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmezz13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:59 pm    Post subject: Nevo C2 USB Connection Fail Reply with quote

After getting the OARUSB04G up and running using RMIR on my Windows 10 system, I am trying to get a Nevo C2 going as well and ran into a strange problem just connecting. I keep getting a "No Remotes Found" from RMIR and after checking into it further, I am getting this error for the device:

Device USB\VID_06E7&PID_8006\XSIGHT. was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_0781&PID_B6B7\0000000000
Class Guid: {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}
Location Path: PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1C00)#PCI(0000)#USBROOT(0)#USB(6)
Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFF0023
Present: false

I have tried uninstalling the driver and rebooting to no avail. I have played with the registry settings to make sure that the setting match the registry patch for Windows 10 but I'm not sure that even matters since I can't get the device to connect. It is showing up as a USB Input Device under Human Interface Devices in the Device Manager.

Anyone have any suggestions?
jmezz13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is clearly not a JP1 issue, but related to Win 10 upgrades most likely. I'll keep working this in case someone else has this issue in the future.

Status so far is that I connected the C2 to a Win 10 laptop and it recognized fine. My desktop is currently at ver 1709 (Fall Creators Edition). It might be helpful if someone can verify that their C2 works fine on this version. The laptop I used is still back at 1703.

Googling indicates that this has been a problem after Win 10 upgrades and surprisingly few fixes have been found other than maybe a clean install which I'm trying to avoid.
jmezz13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Resolved (Sort of) Reply with quote

Well, I have the C2 working on my desktop but I'm not entirely sure what I did that made it work. Here's what I have done:

1) Downloaded the C2 remote on my laptop and upgraded firmware.
2) On my desktop, I deleted all USB controllers in the Device Manager and rebooted
3) Tried to connect the C2 to my desktop computer again and noticed that "Xsight." was now showing in Settings/Devices. I also noticed that basically all of my USB Input devices now show the migration error in the Device Manager/Events but continued to work (keyboard and mouse for example).
4) Updated "EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled" key to 0 in the registry. I also tried to update "DeviceInformation" key to 8 as shown in the patch file but it keeps reverting to 0.
5) Tried connecting RMIR via the Symbolic name in the registry (didn't work).
6) Changed interface to JP1 USB...Auto-detect and was able to download on the desktop.

I'm still scratching my head a bit but at least it's working Cool. May help others with similar problems.....

edit: I forgot to mention that I also upgraded to to RMIR 2.06B2 and this time put it at C\RemoteMaster and turned off read only attribute on that folder. Rolling Eyes
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that RM works fine with my Nevo C2 on Creators 1709 and RMIR 2.06B2 and JRE 8.xx (not 9.xx), or "1.8.xx" in RMIR Help - About. You may be better off putting it in some folder under Documents or Downloads. Getting permissions right on folders off the root can be very tricky. You have to grant them not only for you but whatever account the JRE itself is using.

Did you unplug and plug back in after changing the EnhancedPower key? I've never run any of the patch files or loaded any drivers, and I don't have a DeviceInformation key at all.

I've posted my entire reg key for a Nevo C2 here if you want to take a look (open in notepad) :
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25048

EDIT: Nevermind. I see you actually have it working. I suspect putting it on the Desktop did the trick, ultimately a permissions issue.
jmezz13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I can confirm that RM works fine with my Nevo C2 on Creators 1709 and RMIR 2.06B2 and JRE 8.xx (not 9.xx), or "1.8.xx" in RMIR Help - About. You may be better off putting it in some folder under Documents or Downloads. Getting permissions right on folders off the root can be very tricky. You have to grant them not only for you but whatever account the JRE itself is using.

Did you unplug and plug back in after changing the EnhancedPower key? I've never run any of the patch files or loaded any drivers, and I don't have a DeviceInformation key at all.

I've posted my entire reg key for a Nevo C2 here if you want to take a look (open in notepad) :
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25048

EDIT: Nevermind. I see you actually have it working. I suspect putting it on the Desktop did the trick, ultimately a permissions issue.

Agree, if I had to guess it would be the permissions of the program location folder which is why I was kind of sheepish I forgot to mention it initially. I suppose it doesn't hurt to list the rest just in case someone else gets desperate....
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: