JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RM quit working again

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wnewell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: RM quit working again Reply with quote

Sometime in the last month or so RM quit working. Was running 2.06 build 6 iirc on xubuntu 18.04lts. Not sure when it quit as I don't use it a lot. I'm pretty sure java was probably upgraded since I'm now at 18.04.1lts. But I've also upgraded my kernel to 4.18.7 to run on my new cpu. I've downloaded rm 2.06 build9 and upgraded rm to try and get it to work, but no go. Anyway, here's what's happening when run from terminal.

wes@mythfe0:~$ java -version
openjdk version "10.0.2" 2018-07-17
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 10.0.2+13-Ubuntu-1ubuntu0.18.04.1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 10.0.2+13-Ubuntu-1ubuntu0.18.04.1, mixed mode)
wes@mythfe0:~$ cd rm
wes@mythfe0:~/rm$ ./rm.sh
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteMaster (file:/home/wes/rm/RemoteMaster.jar) to method java.lang.ClassLoader.findLoadedClass(java.lang.String)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteMaster
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
Exception in thread "main" java.awt.AWTError: Assistive Technology not found: org.GNOME.Accessibility.AtkWrapper
at java.desktop/java.awt.Toolkit.newAWTError(Toolkit.java:472)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Toolkit.fallbackToLoadClassForAT(Toolkit.java:488)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.accept(ForEachOps.java:183)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:177)
at java.base/java.util.HashMap$KeySpliterator.forEachRemaining(HashMap.java:1608)
at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:484)
at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:474)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:150)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:173)
at java.base/java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)
at java.base/java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:497)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Toolkit.loadAssistiveTechnologies(Toolkit.java:532)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:613)
at com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteMaster.main(RemoteMaster.java:5202)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.GNOME.Accessibility.AtkWrapper
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:582)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:190)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:499)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:374)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Toolkit.fallbackToLoadClassForAT(Toolkit.java:485)
... 12 more
wes@mythfe0:~/rm$ cat rm.sh
#!/bin/sh
cd /home/wes/rm

java -jar RemoteMaster.jar -rm

And parts of rmaster.err. weird it shows build 7?
RemoteMaster v2.06 build 7
Legacy merge set = true
System Properties:
java.version = 10.0.1
java.vendor = Oracle Corporation
os.name = Linux
os.arch = amd64
java.home = /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64
java.class.path = /home/wes/rm/RemoteMaster.jar

and the end...
No match found!
RemoteMaster.windowClosing() entered

This was run without a jp1 cable installed. Do I now have to have it installed to run?
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This appears to be the next chapter of this.
yaworski

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me it just looks like a broken Java installation. Maybe some bug specific to Xubuntu 18.04.

Line 5202 in RemoteMaster class calls Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(). This causes an exception.

A quick Google search gave me this link:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/695560/assistive-technology-not-found-awterror

--edit--

Something occurred to me after sending this post. Which Java package do you have installed? Maybe you've only installed the headless version, which doesn't support GUI at all. You need to be sure to install full Java runtime.
wnewell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same java I always had installed when it worked before. It was probably updated, but other than that I hadn't removed it or added one.
wes@mythfe0:~$ java -version
openjdk version "10.0.2" 2018-07-17
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 10.0.2+13-Ubuntu-1ubuntu0.18.04.1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 10.0.2+13-Ubuntu-1ubuntu0.18.04.1, mixed mode)
wes@mythfe0:~$

Here's the original thread from June, this year.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=101290

And this was the version running then. So it did get updated, as did everyones that ran software updater. And I'm sure it will probably be updated again in the future.
openjdk 10.0.1 2018-04-17
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 10.0.1+10-Ubuntu-3ubuntu1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 10.0.1+10-Ubuntu-3ubuntu1, mixed mode)
yaworski

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't change the fact that a cause of the issue in your case is bad java installation. The error comes from the java itself, not from the rmir code not being compatible with something.

I'd suggest uninstalling whatever java package you have installed and install either openjdk-8-jre or openjdk-8-jdk package.
wnewell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yaworski wrote:
That doesn't change the fact that a cause of the issue in your case is bad java installation. The error comes from the java itself, not from the rmir code not being compatible with something.

I'd suggest uninstalling whatever java package you have installed and install either openjdk-8-jre or openjdk-8-jdk package.

No, I don't have a "bad" java installation. Just a newer version.Yes, I know it works with java 8. That's not the point. Are you saying that RM just isn't designed to work with newer Java versions, and in the future never will be? Thought I was being helpful pointing this out. Guess not.
yaworski

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works with both Java 9 and 10 since my changes in 2.06 build 8. I've just downloaded the latest build 9 (from RMIR thread) and I have no problem running it on Java 10.0.2 on my Arch Linux:
Code:
% java -version                                     
java version "10.0.2" 2018-07-17
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.3 (build 10.0.2+13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.3 (build 10.0.2+13, mixed mode)

Like I've said, the exception in the stack trace you've posted comes from the Java itself, not RMIR code. This shows that your Java installation is missing some crucial component. Maybe it's a bug in openjdk-11-* packages in (X)ubuntu 18.04 (yes, Java 10 in Ubuntu 18.04 comes from openjdk-11-* packages, which is weird).
The exact error is
Code:
Exception in thread "main" java.awt.AWTError: Assistive Technology not found: org.GNOME.Accessibility.AtkWrapper

so maybe you need to install some gnome libraries.

And please try doing the steps from the askubuntu forum I've posted above. I know it's for older Ubuntu/Java versions, but maybe it's still relevant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: