JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"Empty" upgrades

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
regne v

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: "Empty" upgrades Reply with quote

I have 10 devices URC-8210 from which I only use 5 of them. It is crystal clear for me that the right devices are set up in TV1, AUD1 and AUX1 but for some strange reason some members in my family keep selecting TV2, AUD2 and AUX2 to manage the home cinema.

My first idea (wrong idea) was to build "empty upgrades" like this one:
Code:
Upgrade Code 0 = 30 00 (DVD/0000) (RM v1.86)
 AF 00 01 0F
End

This is RCA Protocol, DVD/0000 and nothing else. It's just four bytes and if you program your unused DVD button with code 0000 the remote will do nothing: no blinking led, no flasing icon... so I thought the inactivity would make them notice that they had the wrong device selected... WRONG!Mad

Of course I've finally set the repeating device keys with the very same setup code but I've liked the idea of these "empty devices" so I keep using them in my own remote.

I've had to build upgrades for DVD, AUD, TV, CD and VCR so I'm using right now about 20 bytes of memory. Do you figure out a way to make this foorprint smaller?.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just use the same upgrade for TV2 as TV1, Aud2 as Aud1, Aux2 as Aux1? You can use the same upgrade on all of your devices if you wanted too.
regne v

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Why not just use the same upgrade for TV2 as TV1, Aud2 as Aud1, Aux2 as Aux1?

Yep. That's what I did.
vickyg2003 wrote:
You can use the same upgrade on all of your devices if you wanted too.

That's OK for non Kameleon remotes but I didn't like it because when you change the type of a device in a Kameleon the screeen changes to reflect that device and I didn't like it. I like the fact that I'm seeing the TV display of the remote for the TV device but the buttons "do not work".
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: