JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nevo C2 what cable?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Nevo C2 what cable? Reply with quote

I have the Nevo C2 RC for a while. It was programmed via the EZ-RC website (now defunct). What cable does it use to connect to the PC etc.?

I am awaiting the arrival of the FTDI cable/jp1 adapter; will I be able to use on the Nevo?

Attached, a jpg of what I see (no pins)
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25025

In advance thanks
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Nevo should have come with a standard USB cable that plugs in the left side (lift the rubber cover on the side below the rewind button). It does not use a JP1 cable of any sort. It uses the same cable that's used on many cameras, phones and disc drives. If yours is missing, you should be able to pick one up anywhere. The Dollar store should have them.

If you're running Windows 10, pay attention to the messages in RM about some registry changes you'll need to make. Details are in the wiki.
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, found it; I'm sure I have an extra cable. What I don't see is Nevo C2 listed at "Remote" in RM-IR. In advance thanks.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your last comment. Just plug it in and download.
MrMoody

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cable is a standard Mini USB. Keep it short if you don't use the original: I've seen issues with cables over 3 ft. Win 8.1+ will need a registry change to work.

It would pay to read the Wiki: http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Getting_started_with_Xsight_and_Nevo
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I'm sorry, but I don't understand your last comment. Just plug it in and download.

Connected the cable, figured out to use CommHID in Remote/Interface but get error No RDF matches signature starting USB8006. Discovered the RDF path was pointing to RDF files for older RM v1.30. I pointed it to the default RM 2.05 RDF path and it downloaded except for error, "Remote Load Error Map file USB8006 does not exist. A default button layout will be used."

Feel I've made progress, again thanks.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the RDF path, you must also specify the Images path.

I'm not entirely convinced RM is installed correctly.
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're probably correct; not installed right (don't see RM in Programs and Features). I unzipped RM into a named folder; ran from there.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, need to run Setup in that folder, then confirm RDF and Images paths are right. Should work fine after that. Wouldn't hurt to move or delete your old RM folders, assuming you don't have anything important inside them.
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Yeah, need to run Setup in that folder, then confirm RDF and Images paths are right. Should work fine after that. Wouldn't hurt to move or delete your old RM folders, assuming you don't have anything important inside them.
I made a mess of things; probably over-installs of RM versions. Cleaned out the RM folders etc., re-extracted the zip then ran into an issue with Java; jdk-9.0.1_windows-x64_bin (375MB) didn't work for me; reinstalled jre-8u151-windows-x64.exe, back to business.

The clean RM/Java install now have Nevo C2/C3 in RMs Remote menu.

Issue in Dev Mgr: [Human Interface Devices (USB Input Device)] device status: This device cannot start, Code 10. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_06E7&PID_8006m EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled was set to 0. I unplug/replug remote but repeatedly get this error

P.S. Unplugging the RC, rebooting the PC, reconnecting the remote = no above issue/error in Dev Mgr. IDK.... again thanks for your support.
radunn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the Nevo C2 learn from other RCs like the OFA-8910? If so is the procedure the same.... 1. learn buttons 2. download into RMIR 3. build upgrade in RM 4. output from RM to RMIR 5. upload to Nevo C2.

In advance thanks....
MrMoody

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it can learn, and does a good job. Press Home, scroll right, Settings, Learn a Function and follow the prompts. The learns look and behave like those of other remotes in RMIR.

I find my other learning remotes take less keypresses to get multiple learns, however. I tend to use the RCA.
radunn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrMoody wrote:
Yes, it can learn, and does a good job. Press Home, scroll right, Settings, Learn a Function and follow the prompts. The learns look and behave like those of other remotes in RMIR.

Thank you, I'm reading the manual. An original remote I'd like to program to the Nevo has buttons not found on Nevo; how do I program these buttons?

Question: does having the Nevo connected via USB to pc drain batteries faster?
I had fresh batteries installed, connected to USB overnight, the next day the indicator was red. Thanks for your time and support.
MrMoody

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't really matter what button you learn on; you can set the function to any button you like when creating the new upgrade. The simple answer is, push "On Screen Keys" when you see it and all will become clear.

Yes, leaving the cable plugged in will drain the batteries. Don't do it. Smile
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Review the How Easy Is It wiki article for making a new learned device upgrade. RM can now do it automatically, no need to build and output like in the old days, just press a button.

Yes, the Nevo eats batteries when you do lots of programming. Simply leaving it connected to USB for a long time will do it. But for normal use, the batteries last pretty long.

One tricky thing about learning on the Nevo is the IR receiver is at the bottom of the remote, not the top.

What device is missing codes? We probably have them already.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: