JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nevo C2 Help an old user.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iboston

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Nevo C2 Help an old user. Reply with quote

Okay, i have been dealing with Jp1 for 10 years. The problem lies in the fact that i am behind the times.

Currently, i am using RMIR and IR. I would build my codes within RMIR and then transfer them to IR (Remote Control Programmers 8.04) and then upload the devices to the remote through that IR 8.04.

It appears now that RMIR does everything.

I upgraded my RMIR to the latest 2.05 build 10.

But, it still looks the same. I don't see all the new tabs on the version that i see from this wiki : http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version#Starting_a_New_Upgrade_and_the_Setup_Tab

What am i missing? Also, the RMIR did not include new MAPs and RDFS. where can i download the latest MAPS and RDFS ??

Thank you.
iboston

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More info, i download the latest RMIR, it was a .JAR file, i then uncompressed the .jar file, and there was no .VBS file to do a install?? I was copied in the .jar file to my directory and created a shortcut that runs

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_60\bin\javaw.exe" -jar RemoteMaster.jar -rm
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIR and RM are two parts of one program. RMIR is the part that replaces IR.exe whereas RM is the part that replaces KM, so that's the part that you are using to build upgrades.

When you did the new install, did you run the setup.vbs script? If you did, you should have 2 shortcuts, one each for RM and RMIR.
iboston

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
RMIR and RM are two parts of one program. RMIR is the part that replaces IR.exe whereas RM is the part that replaces KM, so that's the part that you are using to build upgrades.

When you did the new install, did you run the setup.vbs script? If you did, you should have 2 shortcuts, one each for RM and RMIR.

Okay, where are the links to the two separate programs i need? I downloaded the RMIR205build10.zip file, but the only file in it was remotemaster.jar
iboston

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, boy, I hit a break through.. When i run the shortcut, i get a different look and feel program.

I installed the latest version of Java, and then i was able to actually double click the RemoteMaster.jar which now gives me a screen that looks correct. Bizarre.
iboston

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, now that the program looks familar with the picture, it says that the RDFs and maps are built in, but when the program runs, it wants a MAP and RDF folder specified. I don't see any created.

I also don't see a .VBS file that i can run??

I could select my old RDF and MAP folder, but im sure thats not what i want to do.
iboston

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, i was downloading the wrong link i guess.. I was downloading the build 10 which only had a RemoteMaster.Jar and protocol.ini... When i downloaded the link from this website, it download build 9 which then has a BUNCH of files.
iboston

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, i now things are jiving with the directions im getting. I upgraded the firmware on the nevo c2, and download the to the RMIR. I then when to transfer one of my RM from an old remote to the Nevo, and when i click the LAYOUT tab, available functions list is BLANK!

If i click the functions or the external functions tab, i see all the functions, but the don't seem to be showing up in the LAYOUT tab to the right of the picture of the remote.

Any thoughts?

Mind you, if i load the original RMDU file for the URC7780 the layout works, but when i switch to the NEVOC2 its blank. Am i doing something wrong or maybe i have a bad RDF/MAP for the nevo?
iboston

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question, does the NEVO C2 not support external functions? I have a bunch of external functions so that i can control a different device than the device specified on the remote. I use that alot. When i attempt to select a external device for a button, it will not accept it.

Is there another method to achieve the same result?

In the OLD IR.exe it was the KEYMOVES tab
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: