JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

discrete codes for Schwaiger DTR700HD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loft

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: discrete codes for Schwaiger DTR700HD Reply with quote

Hi there,

1. Device: Schwaiger DTR700HD
2. Type of device: DVB-T2 receiver
3. Year: 2014-2016
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: OFA URC 7980
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes, CABLE 5392
10. Learning remote question? Yes
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes
12. If you have a OARUSB04G, URC-6440 (or similar) remote, have you tried simpleset.com? n/a

I'm looking for a discrete power on and power off for Schwaiger DTR700HD. I looks like this brand is not really mentioned around here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you found a setup code that works this STB or have you made one via learning the signals, etc? If so, you know the protocol and device code(s) that it uses and you have a list of known OBC codes, so you have all the tools to go searching for discrete codes yourself. Basically, you should look for gaps in the OBC sequence as those are the prime candidates, but if you don't find anything there, keep going and try the rest of the unused codes. The easiest way to do it is to create a set of dummy upgrade which contain all the unused OBC codes, and then just try all the buttons. In the event that you find a button that does something, look back at the upgrade file to see which code you assigned to that button and then add it to your master list.
loft

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi The Robman!

I have a full working remote. CABLE 5392. I think I got it through the OFA official app (it was almost a year ago).
I'm not sure I fully understand what I have to do to get the codes, but I am guessing that I will find the information around this forum.
I'll report back if I manage anything.

Thanks!
loft

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I tried all the way to OBC code 99. I found some commands to which the receiver reacts by blinking the LED and some that it actually does something (although I am not sure what the intended function is).
What is the top limit for the OBC codes? Is it maybe 255?
Thanks!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OBC range is from 0 to 255 for most protocols. Not knowing the details of yours, I can't be 100% certain. How are you testing them?

For the OBCs that get a reaction, make a note of which button it is, so you can find which OBC it was and make a list of them. Then when you're done with the fishing expedition, you can do some focused tests just on those OBCs, so it will depend on what is on the screen as to what reaction the button gets.
loft

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I took the device definition from the OFA app (uploaded here), deleted all the functions from that one and added new functions, corresponding to the unused OBC's between 0 and 99. I then assigned those functions to remote buttons, flashed the information to the remote and tried it with the receiver (pushed each button and observed the behavior, while the receiver was either on or off).
That leaves me with another 155 codes to check, one by one which might take me a few good hours.

Did I do something wrong? Would there be any other information that would speed up the process?

Thanks again!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, looks like you are doing it correctly. You have 41 known OBCs, which leaves 215 to test. There are 46 buttons on your remote, so you could cover them all in 5 upgrades (at 46 buttons per upgrade). As you have 8 device buttons on your remote, you could load all 5 test upgrades at once and then just zip through all the buttons.

I would recommend testing with the device on and in a mode where you would notice the most buttons, like maybe in a menu screen, or if you have an onscreen keyboard, maybe there. You are correct that you should also test everything with the device off, looking for a discrete on code, but IMHO, if you don't find a discrete off code in the first wave of tests, the likelihood of you finding a discrete on are not good. But you should still test because sometimes other functions, like input selects, etc also double as discrete on. So actually, while the device is off, you should test the known OBCs too.
loft

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I've had no luck... Tested all OBC's twice (with the cable receiver on and off) without finding any of the two desired functionalities.
I will recheck my setup and try again, just for the sake of certainty, but at the moment I am not really expecting to find anything...
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please save off your finished RDMU file(open up the Device and click the save from there) and post it to the proper upgrade area in our file section so the next guy that comes along will know what works with your device.

Thank you very much

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
loft

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking of doing that! I will sort it a little bit and post it in the next days.

There is no discrete power on or off command, nor there is no other command than power to turn on this device.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you find any other functions that do something, and if so, were you able to narrow down exactly what they do do?

Also, did you remember to try all the known buttons in OFF mode, in case any of them wake the unit up?
loft

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found 5 functions that were not in the OFA definition. None of them has anything to do with my initial search. Tried everything with the device on an off, twice.
Give me another day or two and I will post the whole RDMU in the appropriate section.
Thanks guys for all your help!

PS: I updated the cable receiver and the OFA remote before starting.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loft wrote:
I have found 5 functions that were not in the OFA definition. None of them has anything to do with my initial search.

Yeah, sometimes discrete codes just don't exist, but it's good that you found some new undocumented codes. Just out of curiosity, apart from cutting the feed to the TV, does turning this box off actually do anything? Is it a pure cable box or is it a DVR recorder? The reason I ask is that, for many STBs, there really isn't a difference between being ON and OFF, except for the feed to the TV, in which case it makes a lot more sense to just leave them on 24/7.
loft

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

I'm not sure if I found undocumented codes. I'm not sure how the assignment works with the OFA Android app and remotes that have less physical buttons than the original remote. Thing is, at least some of the extra codes that I have found are mapped on the original remote.

Regarding the ON/OFF state of my DVB-T2 receiver, it does have recording functionality. So it might not have a truly OFF state (when it first receives power, it actually has a 1 minute long booting sequence). I wanted the discrete codes so that I would have it ON when wanting to watch TV and OFF at night when the bright display would bother.

Thanks!

PS: Do you think there is any place for Logitech Harmony remotes definitions?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot that you just downloaded the code and didn't capture it by learning. If there are any buttons on the original remote that are not in that code, you can learn them and read back the button codes, then add them to the upgrade.

Of the extra buttons that you did find, are there any that aren't on the original remote? And if so, what are they?

What are you looking for from Harmony? If it's just to continue the search for discrete codes, you have already pretty much confirmed that this device doesn't support them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: