JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC9910/9911 help please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: URC9910/9911 help please Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have just purchased the URC9911 and have the following issues:

I cannot get AUX to remap to Cassette. How do I do this?

The extended codes for my Sony receiver that used to work with my older URC8780 do not work with this new remote. I am trying to remap the numeric keys to Video1, video2 etc.. with no luck at all. The remote works with the receiver whether I code it to 1058 or 1158, but code 1058 does the most switching between receiver inputs. The pain of it all is that DVD is not in the list of current inputs that can be selected via the remote.

Any help greatly appreciated!
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: URC9910/9911 help please Reply with quote

GregK wrote:
The extended codes for my Sony receiver that used to work with my older URC8780 do not work with this new remote. I am trying to remap the numeric keys to Video1, video2 etc.. with no luck at all. The remote works with the receiver whether I code it to 1058 or 1158, but code 1058 does the most switching between receiver inputs. The pain of it all is that DVD is not in the list of current inputs that can be selected via the remote.

I think you'll need a JP1 cable to do what you want. Device codes 1058 and 1158 are 2-byte protocols. The code you were using in your 8780 was most likely a one byte protocol. Unfortunately, you cannot program 2 byte protocols via the remote.

With a JP1 cable you can create your own device code, use a device code that someone else has created (check the Yahoo file section), or program 2-byte keymoves with IR.exe.
GregK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: URC9910/9911 help please Reply with quote

gjarboni wrote:

I think you'll need a JP1 cable to do what you want. Device codes 1058 and 1158 are 2-byte protocols. The code you were using in your 8780 was most likely a one byte protocol. Unfortunately, you cannot program 2 byte protocols via the remote.

With a JP1 cable you can create your own device code, use a device code that someone else has created (check the Yahoo file section), or program 2-byte keymoves with IR.exe.

Being new to the JP1 scene.... How do I determine the codes required to remap the keys? It's an interesting thing to be able to reprogram the remote, but the spreadsheets are all greek to me. Smile
carlb613

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: URC9910/9911 help please Reply with quote

GregK wrote:
I am trying to remap the numeric keys to Video1, video2 etc.. with no luck at all. The remote works with the receiver whether I code it to 1058 or 1158, but code 1058 does the most switching between receiver inputs. The pain of it all is that DVD is not in the list of current inputs that can be selected via the remote.

The code which (used to) support what you wanted was Audio-0158.

The Sony in AV1 mode (entered by turning off the receiver, then while pressing and holding the front-panel <enter> button turning power on) does work with universal remotes, but using a combination of Audio158 (power, volume/mute, input select), MiscAudio159 (tuner.scan,presets and direct frequency entry) and Misc010 (a few little-used speaker control functions).

Some of the newer/LCD remotes (such as the 15-2116) are missing the 158 code, so we're stuck with using 1058 (which doesn't work properly with any advanced codes like P-1-9-1 - which worked in the old Audio158 code to select the DVD). It is possible to get most of the extra tuner-related stuff from the Misc0159 code by assigning it to an unused device button and using keymoves, but the DVD input select remains a problem.

I used an older OneForAll remote (R/S 15-2104) which still had the 0158 code to teach this one code to the new LCD learning remote - a kludge, but it worked.

Another option is to use device Tape0243 as a replacement for Audio0158 - this provides power/volume control and the advanced (hidden) codes such as P-1-9-1 (DVD input on some Sony receivers) are available as this is a one-byte code. Use keymoves to take what you want from this code and move it to another device button to which some other code (such as Misc0159 or Audio1058) is already assigned..

Basically, this allows mixing and matching codes from Tape0243 (power/volume/input), Misc0159 (tuner) and Misc0010 (speakers) to fill in whatever's not already in Audio1058 (or 1158, or 1258 - nominally the "new" two-byte codes for Sony receivers in AV1 mode).

The only other solution is to go with the JP1 cable, which is much more flexible in capabilities but requires a little more effort.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: