JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

lenovo OVU430006/01 (very new user)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grncreek1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: lenovo OVU430006/01 (very new user) Reply with quote

Hello, very new here. I've been using the xsight remotes for a number of years and just found out the ez-rc site has been taken down. Anyhow I've made some recent changes with components and am trying to get a feel for RMIR and adding new devices. I really appreciate any help.

1. Device: lenovo OVU430006/01
2. Type of device: RC6? MCE Remote
3. Year: unsure still sold on ebay, bought it maybe five years ago
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: xsight 18 and a couple 15's
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? I believe so, I can hook my remotes to a PC
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? No, unsure what this is.
9. Partially working setup code? Yes, I learned most functions but the direction keys are not working properly
10. Learning remote question? Maybe?
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? No, sorry didn't see this will try in a moment.
12. If you have a OARUSB04G, URC-6440 (or similar) remote, have you tried simpleset.com? N/A?

Thank you in advance for any help.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't expect your learns to work very well since this is a toggling protocol.

This should work fine. It's one of the more complete MCE upgrades we have (until Vicky finishes hers which will blow mine out of the water).
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11769

There is also a built in code if you do the device setup on the remote: go to device setup, add device, digital media, microsoft. First code (1272) should work. But my file has more commands than the built in one.
grncreek1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, Thank you so much. This is the first time i've used RM so hopefully I have it right.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be pretty easy. Download the file. Open RMIR and download from your remote. Go to devices tab, add, pick above file, tweak buttons as desired, OK. Upload to remote. If it works to your satisfaction, delete your learns and use the device in your activities. After your first download, make all changes in your file and only upload to the remote from now on. This will preserve all your notes and descriptions. You can save multiple versions for posterity or experimentation (something you could never do with EZ-RC).

I have a few icons for MCE as well:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13512
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
(until Vicky finishes hers which will blow mine out of the water).

That is more Rob's upgrade than mine. He broke the checksum AND wrote a better version of the protocol. On some of the newer remotes you can use functions in macros without having to assign them to buttons so i have macros for a bunch of passwords.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
grncreek1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works great, didn't really have any issues using RMIR. Didn't figure out how to assign volume keys from a different remote and didn't have much time so I just used the learn function in the remote. When I have the time I plan on trying to get a better feel for RMIR and try to set up my remote to send keyboard commands to the HTPC. Not sure if i'll need to remap keys on the pc or if I can do anything like that in RMIR, seems most likely both. Anyway, thanks again I do appreciate the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: