JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1.2/3 to JP1 Adapter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oinge 1953

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: JP1.2/3 to JP1 Adapter Reply with quote

I finally got my adapter, but pin 1 was was not identified. This presents 2 issues:

1- First, I don't remember how to identify pin 1 on my JP1 remotes (8810 and 8811). I seem to remember it was lowe left when the remote is held with the JP1 coonector down from the battery compartment. However, bad memory goes along with fat fingers and bad eyesight.

2- Secondly, how do I identify pin1on the adapter. I assume pin 3 (GND) is straight through and Pin 6 has no through connections. Is this enough info to identify the adapter pinout, using an ohmmeter?

TIA
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: JP1.2/3 to JP1 Adapter Reply with quote

Oinge 1953 wrote:
I finally got my adapter, but pin 1 was was not identified. This presents 2 issues:

1- First, I don't remember how to identify pin 1 on my JP1 remotes (8810 and 8811). I seem to remember it was lowe left when the remote is held with the JP1 coonector down from the battery compartment. However, bad memory goes along with fat fingers and bad eyesight.

The numbering scheme is the same as in the video you watched.

If there is a notch in the corner, that will be Pin 1.

If there is no numbering and no notch look for the word JP1 printed on the board. In my experience that word should be right side up, to align with the numbering scheme stated above.
Oinge 1953

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had assumed the numbering was the same as the video, but there is no numbers or notches on the adapter.

According to your experience applied to my remotes pin 1 is upper right (opposite of my memory, lol) as i described holding the remote.

I'll get my meter out tomorrow and see if the resolves pin 1 on the adapter.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oinge 1953 wrote:
I had assumed the numbering was the same as the video, but there is no numbers or notches on the adapter.

Yeah I looked at the photos of the adapter and couldn't find any markings either. No little whole in the shrink wrap, nothing. You can experiment with the orientation on a EEPROM remote, but NOT on a Flash remote. Switching orientation or mistakenly plugging in the JP1 adapter on a Flash remote can brick a FLASH remote.

Quote:

According to your experience applied to my remotes pin 1 is upper right (opposite of my memory, lol) as i described holding the remote.

Once you get it figured out I suggest you mark Pin1 on your remote and on your adapter, as well as on the cable you put together. This takes all the guesswork out of connections. Maybe put a caution sticker on that adapter too, since you don't want to plug that in to your FLASH remote. Or color code the pin 1 mark and the adapter/jp1 remotes to remind you which type to use.[/u]

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Oinge 1953

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

I reviewed some of Tommy Tyler's documents for buildingng EEPROM interface Cables. According to his description my memory proved better than I thought. To doublechecked my interpretation of his description of pin 1, I checked continuity of pin 3 to battery - in battery compartment. ( The other possible pin 3 had high resistance). Then I plugged in adapter and checked pin 5 to B- in battery compartment. First try was continuity. Rotated adapter and same check very high resistance. Rotated the adpter back to first orientation.

Now waiting on gf to loan me some nail polish. Next week I'll add a 2x3 connector to my JP1.2/3 cable and test.

Thanks all and especially Vicky.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Update Reply with quote

Oinge 1953 wrote:
Now waiting on gf to loan me some nail polish.

You could also use White Out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: