JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Remote Identification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oinge 1953

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: RMIR Remote Identification Reply with quote

I Have an Atlas OCAO 1056B01 remote. When I select "Download From Remote" I get a dialog box that says unabiguish remote, please select closet match. The drop down box gives me 13 choices. 7 are 1056 remotes and 5 have silver in the description. My remote has a silver front. These 5 1056 (silver) remote descriptions look identical. How do I know which one to select?

After I randomly select one the remote does download. The Raw Data Panel shows the remote signature as 30333033
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may help. I think you can also hide extender versions in the menus.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8508
Oinge 1953

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have learned a little more. The first time after starting RMIR I get a list of 4 remotes (2 Atlas Day remotes and 2 Atlas OCAP remotes, 1of which is silver and the other is black.) If I run download from remote again the original remote, plus the one that was previous;y se;ected is in the list. Therefore the list grows each time and duplicaes are created. I think this may be a bug inthe softwareYour

Your link helped, I have a 1056B01 (silver).

My next question is....I thought Iwas getting a learning remote, but the instructiion manual doesn't mention ihat feature. RMIR at the bottom says Learned: 0247. How can I determine if this remote is a learner?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oinge 1953 wrote:
My next question is....I thought I was getting a learning remote, but the instruction manual doesn't mention that feature. RMIR at the bottom says Learned: 0247. How can I determine if this remote is a learner?

See if it supports the 975 command and if it does, see if it works.

Some remotes have learning built into their firmware but they don't have the physical parts, so while they respond to the 975 command, learning doesn't work, so try it and see.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the learning Atlas remotes start with a double 1 on the sticker, ie 11056....

Ocaps have 4 color buttons and a settings button but there are other 1056's that only have 3 color buttons/

Having learning memory, make these a really nice remote. Even though they can't learn, they can send a learned command, or the learned memory can be used by the extender. All in all the Atlas 1056B01 Ocaps are really nice remotes.

I take it that you were able to assemble the cable.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Oinge 1953

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky, I am using the cable as is currently. I used ur video to get the individual sockets on the correct pins, Thanks

Rob, The 975 command works and it looks like the remote does learn a command, but after downloading to RMIR there is no change to Learned Memory and nothing on the Learned Signal pane.

I seem to be at an impasscable e withe the DIY adapter. PayPal says it is their account preventing the transaction. DIY(TIAO Corp) hasn't responded since I passed along that information. I need that adapter or a USB to JP1 cable so I can use my urc-8810 or 8811 remotes for learning.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the remote really learns, you'll get a really fast blink while learning, then the learned button will actually work. Did you try pressing the learned button to see if it sends the learned command to your device and it responds. My guess is it doesn't.

If you can't find a JP1 EEPROM adapter on ebay or in the marketplace forum here, you can still get a full blown JP1 EEPROM cable from Tommy Tyler. Or try PM-ing him to see if he still has any adapters for sale.

http://www.txsat.net/JP1_EEPROM.html

However, it would be much cheaper to simply get a learning JP1 USB remote like one of these since they include a USB cable and don't require a JP1 cable of any sort:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/One-For-All-OARUSB04G-4-Device-Universal-Remote-IL-PL2-15205-OARUSB04G-UG-/232463406246

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nevo-C2-universal-AIO-All-in-One-18-in1-Remote-FOR-YAMAHA-AV-Receiver-/272815722266
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oinge 1953 wrote:
Rob, The 975 command works and it looks like the remote does learn a command, but after downloading to RMIR there is no change to Learned Memory and nothing on the Learned Signal pane.

I think that pretty much confirms that you have the firmware to do learning, but not the physical parts. Are you into doing hardware mods? If so, we could probably determine what parts you need. I'm pretty sure somebody did this way back when, but it's been a long time.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of a succesful learn the remote blinks two times. The atlas without learning gives a long sad blink. It will send a learned connand if you copy it from another remote.

So you do still need your adaptèr to get your learns. I did see a stack of oneforall Oarusb04g remotes at the store yesterday. I thought those were already online only remotes.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Oinge 1953

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although the Atlas remote appeared to learn a command, it wouldn't send the command.

I ordered a OARUSB04G remote from Ebay.

Thanks to everyone that helped
Oinge 1953

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to send funds via Email using Paypal today so I have a JP1.2/3 to JP1 Adapter on order. Will I have to add the two unused wires for the adaoter to work with JP1 and will the current 4 used wires go to the same pins?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oinge 1953 wrote:
I was able to send funds via Email using Paypal today so I have a JP1.2/3 to JP1 Adapter on order. Will I have to add the two unused wires for the adaoter to work with JP1 and will the current 4 used wires go to the same pins?

No, the 2 unused wires will always be unused, you can cut them off. No change in pinout going to the adapter.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oinge 1953 wrote:
I have learned a little more. The first time after starting RMIR I get a list of 4 remotes (2 Atlas Day remotes and 2 Atlas OCAP remotes, 1 of which is silver and the other is black.) If I run download from remote again the original remote, plus the one that was previously selected is in the list. Therefore the list grows each time and duplicaes are created. I think this may be a bug in the software.

You are right. This is a bug that must have been there for a very long time and apparently never noticed. I have fixed it for the next build.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: