JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Activities on off
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jriker1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Activities on off Reply with quote

Want to take a simple example. have a Toshiba TV and create an activity called Watch TV. Say it uses the Antenna. Device is covered under

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12061

Not sure the delay yet, but I set an Activity of:

Toshiba TV;Discrete On(3,0)
Toshiba TV;Ant/Cable(0,3)

First does this look correct for a basic activity?

Second is there a way to tie the power button on the remote to turn all items in the Activity back off? So in this case only one device, but say there were two devices, can that be setup without creating an additional activity? Rather not create a Watch TV and Don't Watch TV activity since on my XSight remote I only have three wide buttons for activities and the stupid little swiper to go from page to page doesn't work the best.

Thanks.

JR
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about yours, but my Toshiba takes 12 seconds before it will respond to any input commands, so 3 seconds wouldn't work for me. Delay maxes out at 10 seconds, so I have 2 steps to get to 12.

Also not sure if Ant/Cbl is the correct command to switch to the TV tuner. Ant/Cbl usually just changes the type of signal expected on the coax input (antenna or cable tv). I'm thinking it's Input TV or Tuner or Ant or something like that. Check out some of my Toshiba upgrades. Most models use the same commands.

I like to write my activities like this:

TV On, 2 sec
Input TV, 10 sec (switch input immediately in case TV is already on)
Input TV, 0.1 sec (delayed input switch in case TV was off)

For power, I just make an activity called Goodnight, or Master Off or something like that. But in your case, go to the Macro tab, and make an all off macro with off commands for every device. Then in your Activity, assign that macro to the Power button instead of assigning to a specific device.
jriker1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having some issues with the software or my remote. I have loaded the before mentioned Toshiba remote you created, and it shows some discrete commands. One of those is HDMI2. When I sync the settings including some macros to the remote, two of the three macros dissapears from the app, and the HDMI2 button/option goes away. Not sure if anything else dissapears. Repeated this multiple times. Thoughts?

EDIT: Also on the general tab, I have defined the manufacturer and model number of each remote in the appropriate fields. Those are now missing again like they weren't saved though know I saved it.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by sync? You either upload to the remote which copies your file to the remote, or you download from it, which overwrites your file with whatever was in the remote, resulting in the loss you describe.
jriker1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm missunderstanding how the program works, however if I do something in remotemaster, and then upload it to the remote, downloading it back down should return the same results no?

Thanks.
JR
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. There are things in remotemaster that don't go into the remote.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to get in the habit of making all changes in Remote Master and uploading always. This keeps all your notes, descriptions, etc.
jriker1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, interesting though that some of the discrete settings would vanish and wouldn't be kept in the remote like HDMI 2, but 1 and 3 stick around.

JR
jriker1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other issue. So I have three Macros. One to turn the TV off, the next to turn off everything related to my DVR (i.e. TV and DVR), the third to turn off MCE (i.e. TV and my mini Kodi PC). I assigned to the Activity Group Assignment for "Power" the TV Macro for the Watch TV activity. Assumption is when it's in the TV activity the power button will execute that macro. Then set DVR macro for the Watch DVR Activity. Assumption is when in the DVR Activity it will use a different macro to turn other stuff off, and so on. When I go back into the activities, it resets all the "Power" button Group Device/Power Macro's to "Power off DVR". Why is this?

Should note this change takes effect after I exit and go back into RemoteMaster so what is saved to the remote is unknown to me. Right now programming a remote for a no pun intended, remote location so don't have the devices in front of me to see what it's doing.

Thanks.

JR
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't be doing that. I'll see if I can reproduce your results tomorrow night.
jriker1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say before I close the project it may work with the remote. I have one of the devices here I'm working with and it did turn it off. And not the DVR which is the one they all go back to when you exit and go back to the project.

If I could give a theory. I have the TV set on all three activities as the trigger obviously to run the various macros. When I open the TV device and look at the buttons, "Power" is set to Macro: Power off DVR. Since it's associating the macro to the remote and not the activity, you can probably only have one Macro per remote per button. Though I think it is working the way I want, the software perhaps just can't save it right because of this.

Thanks.

JR
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead and post your RMIR file.
jriker1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK it's up at:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14669

Open it, go to activities.
Select Watch TV
Set Device/Power Macro for 1 Power to Power off TV
Select Watch DVR activity
Set Device/Power Macro for 1 Power to Power off DVR
Go to Watch Movie activity
Set Device/Power Macro for 1 Power to Power off MCE
Save
Exit
load it again. Mine all switched to Power off DVR

Also any suggestions on my setup feel free to share.

Thanks.

JR
jriker1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

side note, I tested today and the remote itself doesn't really store the commands. All the power buttons will flip on/off the DVR. As a matter of fact, the discrete on for my Toshiba even turns on the DVR.

JR
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally took a look at this. You have every macro assigned to the same button (TV - Power). That will never work. Assign each to a different button.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: