JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

turning on/off backlighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Backlight on/off Reply with quote

I have the same problem with my polaris jp1.4 S3F80 based remote
9xx command 974 activates/deactivates back light so this is one way to toggle on/off
Maybe this will help someone to figure how to make it work properly with the light/setup button
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks HamburgerHelper1!
I thought I had tested all the 9xx commands when looking for this, I found one that is undocumented on the 1056B03, but I must have missed this one. 974 does indeed turn this off totally.

I added that to the Wiki. If someone want's to edit it be my guest, but at least it is noted.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
bevhoward

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the two OARUSB04G remotes that I have, they were both 2 blinks... hand sensor.

Did some tinkering based on something that I remember from another ofa remote...

specifically, pressing any key for a long time to disable the backlight

When I did so, the backlight turned off, the above test resulted in 4 blinks and the backlight now stays off, but comes on with any button press.

The 974 command is obviously a better solution, but didn't read that until after I tinkered.

So.... is there a 9xx code reference here somewhere?

Beverly Howard
bevhoward

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<inaccurate post removed>

Beverly Howard

Last edited by bevhoward on Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
bevhoward

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The 974 code appears to work as posted.

Sorry to report that while the 974 code appears to work when executed, at a later point, something is reverting the backlight to touch sensor (two blinks)

The backlights in both remotes appear to stay on 100% of the time no matter where they are placed.

Beverly Howard
bevhoward

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to report that something continues to drain the battery on both of my OARUSB04G remotes and the prime suspect appears to be the backlight.

I put new AAA batteries in both remotes three days ago and they are now depleted.

One significant fact is that I used these two remotes for over a year and a half, but they were manually programmed using the remote keypad and RMIR was only used to backup and transfer one remote image to the other.

During that year and a half, the battery life was "reasonable" (several months)

Two weeks ago, when I finally created programs for all four device buttons from scratch using JP1 device files, the backlights in both remotes subsequently never turned off.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Beverly Howard
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bevhoward wrote:
Two weeks ago, when I finally created programs for all four device buttons from scratch using JP1 device files, the backlights in both remotes subsequently never turned off.

What do you mean by "from scratch"? Do you mean you created a new image in RMIR and went from there, or did you download the remote's current memory as an RMIR file and start from there?

If it was the latter, that's the correct approach, if it was the former, that could be the cause. I don't know much about this remote and specifically, I don't know if there are some data bytes that the RDF doesn't properly program by itself.

Here's what I would suggest. Save your current programming as an RMIR file so you can always restore it, then do a full 981-style MFR RESET on the remote and start re-building to see if that clears the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: