JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

US version of the Panasonic player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ernestobennett

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:01 am    Post subject: US version of the Panasonic player Reply with quote

Hi there,

I wanted to express my gratitude to this community for assisting me in programming my newly purchased OARUSB04G remote. With their help, I was able to successfully program it to control both my JVC TV and Panasonic Blu-ray player (DMP-BDT220).

By reading forums and utilizing the necessary tools, such as RMIR, I was able to program the OARUSB04G remote with region-free EFC codes, which allowed me to make my Panasonic player region-free.

The only thing I wish for is if the US version of the Panasonic player could play PAL DVDs, but I understand that it is not capable of doing so.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me out.

Last edited by ernestobennett on Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you find the info to make your unit region free here:
https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/panasonic-dmp-bdt220/11799

Regarding PAL playback, one of the posts suggested that you need to load a different firmware, but the site that they listed has long gone.

I just did a search and found this site, maybe if you select the European firmware, it would make your unit play PAL discs?

https://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/bd/download/bdt220/index.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: