JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EFCs for Roku (TV version)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I'm sorry. I must have gotten my threads mixed up. I thought you had a Nevo/Xsight and was trying to make it easy. Hold on and I'll make as set of upgrades for your RCA later tonight.

But there is another way if you go back to your original config. Pick the TCL Roku device that controls your TV, then tap the Setup button followed quickly by 00001. When you release that last digit, the first of 128 possible commands is sent. Now tap Setup then 00002 and see what happens. Repeat all the way through 00127. That will be every possible command.
phb1342

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I opened a second instance of RM and copy/pasted functions and data to make a new device for the RCA remote.

Buttons! Buttons! I need more buttons. Have to do in several pieces; some surprises so far, ....

May not finish tonight, tho.

working.......
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to try my updated files, download again from the same link and add to your remote. I squeezed all into 2 devices. Press every button for each device plus shifted buttons for the top half of the remote (no numbers) on 0-70 device and just shifted Vol+ and Vol- for the 71-127 device. To do a shifted button, tap Setup, then the button. That will send a different command than you get by pressing the button alone.

Last edited by mdavej on Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
phb1342

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got it; hope to have time tomorrow to work on this.

thanks!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't open this file yet to confirm, but it will probably have some commands for your TV as well.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14398
phb1342

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, thanks, I will review.

I may be delayed a day or so, as something has come up at the house, but I will stay on this and keep you informed. And, make up some files to share.

thanks....!

ps -- the file for the tv that you first sent, which I used, is fine, except I don't "think" it had the 'back, back, back" button; I have found this already in Phase one. Otherwise, your file was fine, except that the streaming services are elusive and seem to change. I already found several that work on the TV, some dups, and some that are not as they were originally stated. But you knew this already.....

also, found some nice ones, Input info, Input discretes, etc.
NOAMattD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phb1342 wrote:

also, found some nice ones, Input info, Input discretes, etc.

Please share! I just bought a new TCL P605 roku TV yesterday (it's my first Roku anything) and I'm reprogramming my venerable old RCA to work with it. Discrete inputs would be great to have.
Ed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Me too! Reply with quote

I'm curious about what you find on the TCL P series, too.

I'm about the buy a TCL P605 as well. mdavej provided a bunch of possible upgrade files in an earlier thread that I'm going to try, but I did notice that none of them had any discretes.

This TV seems to work a bit differently from the TVs I'm used to, so I'm curious what others have discovered and how they handle their remotes.
phb1342

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOAMattD, Ed: I aim to get to work on this this afternoon. I'll document what I have so far, at least with EFCs, etc and then add to Dave's file some items to 'complete' it. Check back later tonight or first thing tomorrow.

Yes, this TV is different for me too. My smaller Vizio pooped out and I got this, so a lot of adustments. Previously at this location in the house I was using either the tivo bolt or the Firestick for primarily Amazon, Netflix and HBO GO. I think the Roku TV is a little faster and smoother than either. But, the TV itself (I have the cheap one....) is not as good as the Vizio. Of course, the Vizio died.....

Later, I hope...
Ed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to your findings, phb.

I'm replacing a Vizio, too. My Vizio developed the dreaded backlight problem after only three years of use. I see the outline of a 3X4 "tic tac toe" grid on my screen.

From what I've read, admittedly not much, this TV powers on to a "home screen" and, from there, you select what you want to watch; e.g., Netflix, antenna, cable, etc., from a menu. If the inputs/outputs, where necessary, are already "wired" to the home-screen buttons, there's really no need for discretes on the TV, so maybe if we can't find any, we really don't need them anyway?

I'm sure others know way more about this TV than I do, though, so I'll stand by to learn.

Ed
phb1342

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Home Screen shows all of your connections and the streaming services that Roku can provide. You can arrange them anyway you like, so for me, eg.,
1st is Tivo, Cable, Sony Blu Ray, TV which I don't have an antenna, Amazon, NetFlix and so forth. Move around with arrow keys; you can set startup input so you can go right to your preferred startup source without going through Home.

My main interest was consolidation onto the RCA, plus my remote has dedicated keys to Netflix, AMazon (ok so far) CBSNews & Sling. I figured I would use the a,b,c, d keys on the RCA to get my other two favorites.

But you're right, using the basic arrow keys, even on the RCA, you can get a lot of places fast, minimizing the real need for discretes, but it's fun to find out stuff.
NOAMattD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed wrote:
I look forward to your findings, phb.

I'm replacing a Vizio, too. My Vizio developed the dreaded backlight problem after only three years of use. I see the outline of a 3X4 "tic tac toe" grid on my screen.

From what I've read, admittedly not much, this TV powers on to a "home screen" and, from there, you select what you want to watch; e.g., Netflix, antenna, cable, etc., from a menu. If the inputs/outputs, where necessary, are already "wired" to the home-screen buttons, there's really no need for discretes on the TV, so maybe if we can't find any, we really don't need them anyway?

I'm sure others know way more about this TV than I do, though, so I'll stand by to learn.

Ed

Messing with it a bit it appears to just be a panel that's driven by a new/special version of the Roku software which is why the normal Roku upgrades already have the right protocol/device/sub. I imagine the discretes will change with SW updates as well. I wanted to try brute-forcing it today but I've got people painting and my TV is offline.

I expect that the antenna and inputs function like any other Roku channel, with the only difference being that the video signal comes from hardware and not a streaming source. Since it's all digital now anyways, is there really a functional difference? Very Happy

Hoping we can finegle some discrete commands for those inputs someday. Some of us have kids and spouses who can't keep a remote pointed where it needs to be for more than 1/500th of a second Laughing
phb1342

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Updates, but tardy.... Reply with quote

Still not done, but here might be some useful info.

See my post #1 for the TV and remote I'm using.

See mdavej post, above, (Tues, Aug 29 4:22 pm, file 14655, "TCL Roku TV), for an excellent file that works all the basics. I used this to start and in my search for some additional info, came up with my 'favorites' for the A,B,C & D color keys for streams, plus a few others.

Not done yet, see below for my lame excuse.
-----------------------------------------------------
EFC Function
019 Fandango
017 Sling
146 Vudu
110 Roku Media Player
156 Amazon
211 Amazon
096 Netflix
097 You Tube
090 CBS News
098 CBS News
099 Google Play
189 rdio
161 HBO Now
157 Show Time
093 Pandora
222 Sling
255 YUPP TV
110 Antenna TV
094 Input Selection Panel
238 Input 1
240 Input 2
236 Input 3
231 AV Input
254 Options
092 Home

----------------------------------------------------
As I said, still working on this, but previously scheduled home renovations are intervening on this, more important stuff. More later, I hope.

Can't get the columns to align, above, sorry.

Have found that in some cases,there is more than one EFC that works. In trying a few traditional ROKU (non-tv) EFCs, I don't think that I found one that works, at least using the RCA remote to blast an EFC....??? And, you'll note that there are a lot of other streams that I have not found yet, or that once found, don't see to work reliably & I don't know why. Fingers aren't so nimble, any more>?

Good hunting, if you try for more.....
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Updates, but tardy.... Reply with quote

phb1342 wrote:
Can't get the columns to align, above, sorry.

I fixed it for you.
phb1342

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Updates, but tardy.... Reply with quote

Thanks, Rob -- numbers first -- I should think like a math major!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: