JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Microsoft MCE Keyboard Remote
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jriker1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Microsoft MCE Keyboard Remote Reply with quote

Anyone have infrared codes for above keyboard? I actually need to just be able to send the "s" key to my media center thru my xsight remote.

Thanks.

jR

[Moderator Note]The working upgrade file is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14728
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried learning the key to the xsight remote?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
jriker1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a remote to get commands from. I am using Kodi software if familiar with no keyboard. With a NUC PC running Windows 10. Works fine. However I hide the settings option from my family in the Kodi software. Other than attaching a keyboard, I need to send the "S" key to the device to pull up the settings menu. So I need an MCE compatible command I can program into my XSight remote that will send an "S" key. So need to be able to add the "S" key to the remote from some existing device that has a keyboard and is MCE compatible. Make sense?

Thanks.

JR
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you want to do is install this addon:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

And then map some other unused remote button to the settings function.

Other option would be to switch to buy a FLIRC - this give you keyboard emulation and is very powerful. You can still use your existing remote setup with it.

xnappo
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember us trying to figure out MCE qwerty protocol years ago but not getting anywhere. I'll post some learns if you want to take another run at it, Vicky.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the learns Dave, could he just cut & paste them into his Nevo as a learned signal, rather than trying to bother with a complicated upgrade?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that should work. I'll see what I can dig up. I'll have to load the device on a Harmony to learn from since I don't have a Microsoft IR keyboard to learn from. Maybe we could also ping Bev Howard since he did all the original learns that are currently in the Harmony database. Maybe he still has a keyboard to learn from too.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a keyboard protocol, I do have an interest in this. I bought a NUC with a cracked case at a deep discount, and was wondering what that IR spec was all about.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
jriker1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the responses. I was looking at Kodi's keymap, oddly I have no unmapped keys to point to anything. Other thoughts if possible:

1. can you somehow make up any IR code and just use it or does it have to comply to some existing one?

2. my Xsight is learning and I have a Logitech One remote also. Any opportunities there to clone something from Logitech's database?

Thanks.

JR
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2. Yes, that's exactly what I was going to do. The Logitech device to clone is called media center extended or enhanced or something to that effect.

1. Depends on your dongle. With FLIRC you can use any arbitrary code to do anything.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try
Manufacturer: Microsoft
Device: MCE Keyboard

jriker1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK at work now but setup the MCE Keyboard to my Harmony 880. Have two remotes the 880 and 900 not the One like I thought. Figure as the source device either would work. So I'll sync my remote and download the keyboard to the device. Then thru the touchscreen buttons where the letters end up, will learn the commands to my XSight. Then should in theory work with my NUC. Guess that's the plan.

There is no easy way to just bring over everything on the Logitech device to RemoteMaster is there? Then just load all the commands in and use what I want? Short of learning each command on the XSight one at a time from the Logitech?

Thanks.

JR
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case, you'll just have to learn each command. However, if you can learn ALL the commands unknown to us (see below) and post your file, we can analyze the learns and possibly construct many more commands than you found on the Logitech, giving you every possible command.

No need to learn the commands we already know like numbers, menu, arrows, play/pause/stop/ffwd/rew. We really just need the qwerty and any keyboard combos like ctrl/alt/shift, etc.

Thanks
jriker1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on it. Should have brought the remotes to work. Smile

JR
jriker1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minor problem. On the harmony the remote has 19 pages of on screen buttons. The xsight can only have like 4 plus a couple on the fifth page. Plus the harmony is 8 per page and Xsight 4 so now how do I record the rest? Last part not relevant just informative. So apparently if they were all identified the remote couldn't handle them all anyway.

JR
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Keyboards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: