JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nevo C2 Activity Power Macro
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saved off your learns as RDMU files, and rebuilt your RMIR file from scratch and zipped them all together.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14648

I think deleting devices before removing the learns imight have caused the corruption I was seeing. You can give this a try, or we can wait for Graham to figure out why your setup causes null exceptions when I try to delete the learns that are not associated eith a device.

BTW your equipment is way too close to what I have, to make me feel comfortable. If you come to the U.S. you could stand on my patio with your Nevo and control my LG tv connected to my yamaha receiver, and I think you could probably change channels on my Homeworx Over the Air box too.
Surprised Laughing Laughing Laughing

I set up Zone 2 as a seperate device on my remotes
I have a different yamaha model but i bet my zone2 file would be a good starting place for you.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14622

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. sorry for the late reply. I did some experimenting and found the following:

- Power macro does not function if macro is assigned to certain Soft keys. Soft1 worked, but SoftB, for example, did not.
- Power macro does function if macro is assigned to any physical or phantom key

Last edited by mdavej on Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mDaveJ did you try the RMIR file that I prepared? It was running the power macro on both the soft key and the power key. I saw the remote fire them in the activity mode. If it wasn't working as I expected I would have not taken the time to transfer the 41 favorites with icons! When I tried the original, only one shot a macro, but my widget read it as nonsense.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Cloud

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky, many thanks for your efforts.
I have just uploaded your rmir and tested it. The power button does nothing. The Soft1 executes the macro and the three a powered off as needed. Mdavej, weird that you see the opposite in your experiments. Thanks to you and all others, too.
The long story is that this Nevo C2 is a replacement for my old Xsight Colour - now partially broken - that worked for this (and other) macros assigned to activities' power button. I hoped that I would be able to clone the functions to the Nevo and have a one-to-one replacement. Alas.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that is strange. This was working on mine. Dave is seeing something totally different.

mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried your file, Vicky, and the Soft1 activity power macro worked fine. So I assigned my original macro that didn't work to Soft1 instead of SoftB, and mine started working.

So I updated my original findings.
Cloud

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried assigning the macro to phantom and the green button (two tests) : now with the power button only the Kabel-Box is powered off, so not the whole macro runs. Forget the power button?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't tested mine after putting on the 41 favorites icons, so I just wanted to make sure everything still works on my remote. I loaded up the file I created for Cloud and retested.

In my test
Activities Kabel Box
Power shoots 3 commands

RC5 15 Function.12 Kabel box
Nec1 126 Function.186 ( Yamaha RX)
Nec1 4 Function 197 (LG TV)

Soft1

RC5 15 Function.12 Kabel box
Nec1 126 Function.186 ( Yamaha RX)
Nec1 4 Function 197 (LG TV)

Only in Devices Kabelbox did the power button shoot one command
Power shoots
RC5 15 function 12 Kabel box

That's what I saw in Cloud's first file, and that is what I tried to recreated.

If you want the power macro on the device proper, it needs to be put there.

I don't know why everbody is seeing something totally different. I wish graham wasn't MIA.

mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky, your file works exactly as you described above for me too. But we both are running the newer firmware, correct? Maybe a new firmware would fix Cloud's issue. I can test on an old firmware remote later this weekend and see if it fails.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I have a remote with the old firmware too. Without the upgrade the power button in activities mode doesn't shoot anything.

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news, the file I built has the region set to North America. If you are using that one it would give you trouble in the future if you wanted to add a device from the remote itself. Starting with 205.8 the region information is displayed on the raw data tab.

Now that you can update the firmware to 1.3.33, the power button should work.

The latest and greatest RMIR 2.05 build 8 also deals with those pesky learns that were just hanging around, not associated with a device. With the newest build you can delete them, and the whole experience is much better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: