JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

issue loading an RMDU file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: issue loading an RMDU file Reply with quote

I am not a newbie to JP1 having used it for years, but being an old timer I am more familiar with Keymap master instead of Remote master.

I am considering purchasing a Yamaha receiver. I have looked in the file section to see if there are any upgrade files for this type of receiver. Basically, I want to make sure prior to buying it that I could program the two JP1 remotes I use to work with it.

I have downloaded two different RMDU files which might be helpful. When I try to open them in Remote Master I get the following error notice:

"NEC 4DEV Yamaha Combo does not exist"

Nothing happens, Remote master hangs, and I have to close it using Task Manager.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, how to open these files, and guide me through the process of using them?

Thanks in advance.

SMK
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a yamaha receiver and cd playerlast month. I then contacted yamaha and asked for discrete on/off infrared codes and they sent me a sheet of codes and a link to a page that would allow me to convert the yamaha codes to pronto hex. It was very nice because there were 4 pages of discrete codes not on the remote. That being said the cd player has NO POWER CODES AT ALL!!!!!

As to the yamaha 4 dev combo not opening it sounds like you might not have the latest version of rmir 2.04 build 14. and protocols.ini that came with it.

EDIT: What remote do you use???? Its probably not been translated for your processor.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your quick reply.

I did after I posted find that I was using v 1.99 of RM and not the latest. I just found the latest one and downloaded it, and that does open it. I also found another file that I downloaded that had the codes to be used in KM, which as I said, I am more familiar with.

Since you have a Yamaha receiver, at least I know that I can get expert help if I go that way! I am sorry to hear your CD has no power codes.

I am using two different JP1 remotes. I have an OFA 9910 which my wife uses, and I use an RCA RP05B. Hers has an extender enabling me to load everything I needed to without memory limitations, so I can't use it to learn any codes. It is nice to see I shouldn't have to now.

Thanks. If I do get a Yamaha receiver, you will likely be hearing from me.

SMK
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyGBiv wrote:
I have an OFA 9910 which ... has an extender enabling me to load everything I needed to without memory limitations, so I can't use it to learn any codes.

That's not true. You can easily uninstall the extender, by simply loading a non-extended RMIR file into it, so that you can use the URC-9910 to learn buttons from a new device. You would then use the codes derived from the learned signals to build an upgrade, which you would then add to the extended RMIR file.

If you don't have a non-extended RMIR file, you can create one as follows:
1. Download the current extended memory using RMIR and save the file.
2. Take out one of the batteries, then replace it
3. Hold the SETUP button, wait for 2 flashes
4. Type 981, 4 flashes
5. Download the memory using RMIR and save the file (using a new file name).
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I will keep this in mind when (if) I finally do buy a new receiver.

I really do appreciate this site and that you've kept it up all these years. I don't use it often, but when I need it, it's always been there.

I love being able to program my remotes on the computer. I also find that as long as I use the same buttons for the same activities, I don't care if they are labeled "wrong."

SMK
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: