JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Code for Asus Oplay Mini media player

View previous topic :: View next topic  
perfection

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Code for Asus Oplay Mini media player Reply with quote

I am considering buying the following remote control: URC 7960 6 + 3 from One For All (6 pin)

I would like to know
(i) what cable is required to connect this remote to a PC to download codes to it
(ii) what is the software required for this and where do i get that from
(iii) is there a code available for the Code for Asus Oplay Mini media player (i have lost the remote)
(iv) why is learning mode not considered a perfect way to program a remote?

Thank You
A total newbie

Please suggest any other universal remotes UEI to purchase and the JP cable therewith
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Code for Asus Oplay Mini media player Reply with quote

perfection wrote:
I am considering buying the following remote control: URC 7960 6 + 3 from One For All (6 pin)

I would like to know
(i) what cable is required to connect this remote to a PC to download codes to it

That is a JP1.4 remote. I'm not sure about anything on that line. We'll have to wait for someone else to advise you. If it were me, today, I'd check for a used Nevo C2 on ebay because they include a mini USB cable. I'm a little concerened because the Nevo C2 is known to be fragile, while the other remotes I have used are tough as nails, but so far I'm really liking the Nevos.

Quote:

(ii) what is the software required for this and where do i get that from

RMIR, available here. Check the Software forum for the current version. Right now it is 204 rev 14. Version 205 is expected in a few weeks.

Quote:

(iii) is there a code available for the Code for Asus Oplay Mini media player (i have lost the remote)

Not sure. We have a Asus HDP-R1 Media Player. I checked on Harmony, and when I typed in Asus O!Play that is the one I got.

Quote:

-Some signals, like XMP are not learnable.

-Some signals, like RC5 and RC6, require a change in toggle between presses, and the learned one is just going to play the signal with the same toggle set.

-Usually Learning memory is limited in size. You might be able to learn one average remote, but if you had a complicated remote like the one I'm working on right now, on most remotes you'd never be able to get the whole thing into the area allocated for learning.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Code for Asus Oplay Mini media player Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
perfection wrote:

-Some signals, like XMP are not learnable.

-Some signals, like RC5 and RC6, require a change in toggle between presses, and the learned one is just going to play the signal with the same toggle set.

-Usually Learning memory is limited in size. You might be able to learn one average remote, but if you had a complicated remote like the one I'm working on right now, you'd never be able to get the whole thing in.

Let me add:

* Learned signals are in general "dirty", meaning one of two things (or both...):

-- They contain measurement errors, random or not-so random. This makes the leaned signal less reliable than a clean signal, where all timings are perfect.
      -- By repeating signals, often the learn is not split correctly in intro- and repeat-sequence. Sometimes the repeating character is lost. Sometimes the intro gets one or more copies of the repeat tucked to it. Etc, etc. Such learns are really not very reliable for repeating use ("holding down a key").

* By having protocol and parameters you "understand the problem" much better, in case you want to try some modifications, or search for undocumented commands.

Move to "Beginners forum"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: