JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

remote control of Digiquest EVO 3.1 decoder Slingbox Solo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
basilico51

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: remote control of Digiquest EVO 3.1 decoder Slingbox Solo Reply with quote

Good evening. I need this file and it seems not present. Thank you
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try the following Digiquest, just in case it works?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11236
basilico51

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: I cannot try Reply with quote

I cannot try because it is impossible to connect the tv Sony KDL-46R473A of my brother to his Slingbox Solo. I suppose a problem with the scart Plug of the tv but in this way I cannot experiment any remote control.
In fact the decoder Digiquest is connected to the tv Sony and has only an Hdmi out plug, while Slingbox Solo has no HDMI socket. My brother and me live in two different cities and both we own a Slingbox.
Thanks anyway.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if we did create a bin file specifically for the EVO 3.1, what would you do with it?

Maybe Alan (our resident Slingbox expert) can advise you on your connection issues.
basilico51

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The decoder Digiquest EVO 3.1 is surely a new product and is going to have a great diffusion in my country. So, as I did not find any remote file for a such machine, I asked the bin to the forum. That is happened in contemporary with the failed connecting of the said decoder to the Slingbox Soloof my brother.
As the Solo has no Hdmi input, the idea was to connect the video source of the Sony tv to the Slingbox via its Scart socket to the rca input of the same Slingbox Solo. No video signal arrived to the Slingbox.
That's all.
If Alan has a good idea for our purpose, it will be welcome.
I suppose to have to post in another side of the forum for this problem...
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to buy an HDMI to HDMI/Component converter box. But you have to be careful as you need one that strips out the HDCP signal and they are few and far between. We know the HDFury series do it but they are quite expensive. Sling recommend a cheap one but I think there is a backlog.

Someone on the Sling forum recommended this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004F9LVXC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 (Later: Ignore this, I see now it doesn't have a component output)

And like Rob I am intrigued as to why you asked for a BIN file when you couldn't use it ?
basilico51

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I want to exchange my Slingbox 500 with the Slingbox Solo of my brother. We live in two different cities. For this purpose I need to configure my Slingbox 500 with the remote control of the decoder of my brother, the Digiquest EVO 3.1.
I hope that what I have written could explain my request.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense Very Happy
basilico51

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Alan,
on next Saturday my brother will come in my city. As he is not a digital guy, I'll have only one day for triying to connect his Digiquest EVO 3.1 to my Slingbox 500. In fact I have decided that the best thing I should do is to exchange my Slingbox 500 with his Slingbox Solo. Slingbox 500 has input/output Hdmi sockets and therefore he'll be able to use his combo decoder with it. I do not know if the remote code of Digiquest quoted in your directory is compatible with the model EVO 3.1 and so it would be useful to have the right remote code for my purpose. That's all. Thank you in any case.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the BIN file for the Digiquest EVO 3.1.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14689
basilico51

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Alan. Obrigado, as Portugueses say.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what happened ?
basilico51

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have regularly mounted the code into the Slingbox 500 which I wanted consign to my brother, but, as I have had several problems with the Slingbox Solo that he consigned me, we have not had the possibility of testing its right working. The Digiquest Combo, in fact, is remained in my brother's house, in another city.
The actual situation is that I have both the Slingbox in my house, the 500 working as usual, the Solo no. This last one does not broadcast its signal outside, so I will spend some time for rightly configure it, as my efforces during last weekend were useless. Rolling Eyes
Consider that we have an our brother living in Venezuela, who is the greatest customer of our Slingboxes...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: