JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can't get Xsight ARRX12G to work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ag5bpilot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Can't get Xsight ARRX12G to work Reply with quote

Forgive me if I'm missing something. I've looked around and haven't found a solution.

I have an "Accoustic Research" aka Xsight ARRX12G remote. I recently went to change the programing on it and the EZ-RC website is gone, so I ended up here.

I've installed the RMIR software on a Windows 7 system and the download fails. I did a raw download and uploaded it to the files section (link: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14626)

One thing I noticed is that if I select File->new and choose ARRX12G, the image is very slightly different than my remote. The remote in the image has a white upper half of the case. My remote is all black. This is probably just cosmetic, but I suppose it's possible the electronics are also different.

I've tried this on several computers with different versions of Windows, all with the same result.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I've tried this with both build 14 and build 18. The raw download in the file was produced with build 18.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stick with build 14 for now. We used the picture of this remote's European cousin, same internally. Nothing to be concerned about.

Can you also attempt a normal download and post the .err file?
ag5bpilot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is master.err after attempting a normal download with build 14: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14627
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. That confirms it downloads ok, but RMIR can't interpret one of your devices. Mathdon will have to solve this one based on your IR file posted earlier.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found what the problem is. You have 12 activities and RMIR at present can only handle a maximum of 10. I will look into this.
ag5bpilot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the help and wasn't expecting to get a response so quickly!

Yes, I have 12 activities: 4 different configurations (watch cable, watch blu-ray, XBOX, and cable without the HT amplifier), and for each of those there's an activity to turn on, turn off, and to only activate the remote's key definitions.

I'm rather looking forward to using RMIR instead of the website. The website was slow and clunky and I would have prefered an application that could directly program the remote. (And I always feared what might happen if they decided to shut down their website.)
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ag5bpilot wrote:
Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the help and wasn't expecting to get a response so quickly!)

This is a bit of a dedicated crowd... I'll bet that you didn't ever get this kind of support from ez-rc.com!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I have found what the problem is. You have 12 activities and RMIR at present can only handle a maximum of 10. I will look into this.

I have now done so. Can you please try the following, which I think will resolve the problem. Open the RDF (the file named "USB8011 (ARRX12G XSight 12).rdf" in the RDF sub-folder of the RMIR installation folder) with Notepad or any other text editor. Scroll down to the section headed "[Buttons]". Delete the last line of this section, which is

Code:
Hold=$FE:AllBind+AllFavData+groupHold

and add "Activity10, Activity11" to the end of the previous line. You should now have replaced the lines

Code:
Activity4, Activity5, Activity6, Activity7, Activity8, Activity9,
Hold=$FE:AllBind+AllFavData+groupHold

with the single line

Code:
Activity4, Activity5, Activity6, Activity7, Activity8, Activity9, Activity10, Activity11

Save the file and now try downloading your remote.

I realised yesterday that you needed to add the two further Activity names but was concerned that this would cause a clash with the Hold entry. My investigation today has shown me that the Hold line is now redundant. It was used only by much earlier versions of RMIR and can be safely deleted, so there is no clash.

Please report here whether all is now well. If so, we will make this correction in the next release of RMIR.
ag5bpilot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That works! Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: