JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Activity Macro Last Device Problem (One For All Xsight)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chezpaul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:32 am    Post subject: Activity Macro Last Device Problem (One For All Xsight) Reply with quote

My remote control is an Xsight Plus but this may of course relate to others.
I create an activity and it all works great but I cannot get the remote control to remain in any particular device after the macro is complete.

For example - I create an activity called Watch Satellite, which consists of TV power on then set top box power on. Once the remote control has completed this, it is not left in Satellite device mode so I have to press a few keys in order to actually use the satellite system.

The defunct ez-rc.com site made this simple, as I recall, by simply allowing you to define which device the remote control is to be left in after the activity but I haven't been able to find this emulated with RMIR.

Any help appreciated, thank you.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The choices at the bottom of the activity tab determine the last device.
chezpaul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you direct me to exactly where ?
Here is what I have so far:

https://ibb.co/hhMWNv
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click Cancel to close that popup. Then, in the Activity Group Assignments in the middle of the screen, notice the Device column has <none> in every box. That means none of your buttons will do anything after you run that activity. Choose the device you want each group of buttons to control in each box in the Device column. In your case, you should select your satellite for all buttons except the vol keys, which should be your volume control device (TV or receiver depending on your setup).
chezpaul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant, thank you. This works exactly as you described.
Unfortunately, there's one slight problem.... this remote has a screen with additional functions and they are listed as User1, User2 etc buttons on the software.
Similar to what this picture shows http://www.oneforall.co.uk/media/wysiwyg/xsight-plus-favorites.jpg but it would show things like Text On, Text Off, Subtitles etc.
They are absent and the screen is blank. By any chance do you have any idea how to retrieve them ?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soft1, Soft2, ... is the on-screen button device. If your selected device has no functions assigned to those, your activity won't either. On the Devices tab, select the device in question and click Edit. Then on the Buttons or Layout tab, drag and drop whatever functions you want onto those on-screen buttons (use prev/next on the Layout tab to go to different pages). Press OK when done. If there are no additional functions to choose from, tell us the make/model of the device and the functions you want to add, and we can find a file you can load that has them.

If you haven't read this tutorial already, please do so, especally the Xsight section at the end.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version

Your screenshot actually applies to Favorites which is described at the end of the tutorial above.
chezpaul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right again! Top man, thank you so much!

To conclude, in order that it may help anyone else in my situation, what I did was go to the Learned Signals tab and find my special remote control functions that were listed under User1, User2 etc.
I then changed those to Soft1, Soft2 etc. and they now appear on the LCD screen as they should.

I didn't think this was possible and I am so glad that I came to this forum and asked for help.
Great stuff, thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: