JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Popcorn Hour A-500 discrete off/on codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeajea

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Popcorn Hour A-500 discrete off/on codes Reply with quote

I am looking for the discrete off and/or on codes for a Popcorn Hour A-500 media player. My guess is that all the models use the same codes because the upgrade that I found here for the A-100 works with the A-500.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were discussing PopCorn hour discrete power codes at

AVS Forum Popcorn Hour Discussion
and
Remote Central Popcorn Hour Discussion

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jim,
It doesn't look like anybody has ever found discrete power codes, so in all likelihood they don't exist. However, as you have a working setup code, that uses the NEC1 protocol, you could try all OBCs in the 0-255 range yourself to see if you can find anything.

The way to do it is to create some dummy upgrades with all the OBCs, skipping the ones that you already know about, then try all the buttons to see if any of them do anything. If you find something, go back to the dummy upgrade to see which OBC it was.

Keep in mind that you'll need to make a second pass with the machine off to search for a discrete on code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: