JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

351601 Potenza BC4 remote rdf
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This new cable is basically a JP1.x cable, whereas your old OFA and RS remotes are JP1 remotes, so this cable won't work with them, so just try it with the 35161 remote that you mentioned earlier.
csete

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
This new cable is basically a JP1.x cable, whereas your old OFA and RS remotes are JP1 remotes, so this cable won't work with them, so just try it with the 35161 remote that you mentioned earlier.

Well... I think this is some progress... Hooking up to the remote that started this whole thing, I'm now getting "No RDF matches signature starting 3516". I guess that aligns with the idea that this is a remote that nobody has seen yet? Does that help to verify that the cable is working, connected correctly, etc?

What are next steps to deal with this remote?

Thanks again!
Craig
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does indeed, next please do a raw download using RMIR and save the resulting *.ir file, then load it into the Diagnosis Area folder here in the file section and post a link to it here.

It would help if you let us know how many device buttons it has and what setup codes are programmed to each of them. If you have any other programming in it that you can think of, mention that too.
csete

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Yes it does indeed, next please do a raw download using RMIR and save the resulting *.ir file, then load it into the Diagnosis Area folder here in the file section and post a link to it here.

It would help if you let us know how many device buttons it has and what setup codes are programmed to each of them. If you have any other programming in it that you can think of, mention that too.

Hopefully I managed to get what you need. The file is in the diagnostics area http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14570. As previously discussed, this remote came with our IP-based Amino a540 DVR from our local cable company. The remote documentation is here: http://www.bevcomm.net/2010/files/WellsRemote2009.pdf. The only other thing I have programmed in the remote at this point is controls for my Vizio TV. I'm not sure what setup code I used for that, but if you tell me how to find out, I would be happy to pull it back out.

Please let me know if this works and what else I can do to help.

Thanks!
Craig
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See if your remote responds to the 992 command, and if it does, blink back the setup codes on each of your device buttons.
csete

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
See if your remote responds to the 992 command, and if it does, blink back the setup codes on each of your device buttons.

OK... Here's what I'm seeing using the 990 command:

TV - 1758
STB - 18981

I'm not entirely sure if the STB ends with a "1" or not.

Craig
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that the manual linked to above is for an older version of the Potenza remote. Here's a current one, which has the correct setup codes.
Code:
gti.tv/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Potenza-Manufacturer-Guide2.pdf
( I wasn't able to get this to show in ordinary link format.)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here ya go...
http://gti.tv/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Potenza-Manufacturer-Guide2.pdf
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a candidate RDF file to try. For the moment, it uses the RCA RCRP05B map file, which has wrong device button names (I think) and wrong order of colored buttons. The RDF assumes that the remote is capable of multi-macros, which was true of the original Potenza, but may not be true for the BC4 version.

csete,
First just try a download and see if it makes sense. I'm not sure if the checksum description is correct.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, when I try opening the raw download using your RDF, I get the following messages:

No remote found with signature starting Y]__ and EEPROM size 4k

Error loading file 3516.ir
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but I believe that is what we expect for JP1.4 and newer remotes. There's nothing in the IR file that tells RMIR that this is a remote with segments, or that the E2 area starts with a 16 bit XOR checksum. During an actual download from these newer remotes, JP12Serial is (usually) able to decipher which remote type is involved by interacting directly with the remote. With a Raw Dwnload RMIR is able to get the contents of the E2 area even without a RDF, but the type of remote is not stored in the .ir file.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Yes, but I believe that is what we expect for JP1.4 and newer remotes. There's nothing in the IR file that tells RMIR that this is a remote with segments, or that the E2 area starts with a 16 bit XOR checksum. During an actual download from these newer remotes, JP12Serial is (usually) able to decipher which remote type is involved by interacting directly with the remote. With a Raw Dwnload RMIR is able to get the contents of the E2 area even without a RDF, but the type of remote is not stored in the .ir file.

Is that the way it needs to be, do you think? Or, should RMIR be putting more info into the .ir file during a raw download?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIR thinks the signature is starting at the first byte of the ir file instead of the 7th, where you can clearly see the signature 33 31 36 ... which is hex for the ascii characters 316 etc.

I don't know, however, how RMIR would know to look for the signature starting at the 7th byte.
csete

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I'm not getting pings via email on updates to the thread, so just saw that there were these updates. Given the conversation, should I be doing anything with this yet or should I wait? I don't really want to crater my remote while playing with it. My wife would have much too much fun giving me crap about that... Smile
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

csete,
Yes, we need you to try a regular download using RMIR. That's not going to alter anything in the remote. I wouldn't try to upload until we've seen the RMIR file from the download.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: