JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Radio Shack JP1.3 Remotes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Radio Shack JP1.3 Remotes Reply with quote

Here are all the current radio shack JP1.3 remotes. Don't forget to order Tommy's JP1.x cable if you don't have one already. And download the RDFs (15-13x, 15-100) and EXTENDERS (15-13x, 15-100) from the file section.

15-100 8-In-1 LCD (Backlit) - $33
15-133 5-In-1 Gamer (Backlit) (discontinued)
15-134 5-In-1 Satellite - $30
15-135 7-In-1 HDTV (discontinued)

Link to all Radio Shack JP1.3 remotes

Link to RS remotes on ebay

All these are learning and JP1.3 ready (except the 15-100 which needs a hardware mod or Tommy's upgrade kit). Since all the 15-13x remotes are identical under the hood (they even have the same signature), they are actually 8 device if you have a cable. Although the 15-133 and 15-134 don't have a Home Theater button, that mode is accessible in IR. The 134 is my personal favorite for it's colored buttons and individual device button LED's, followed by the backlit 133 and the 100 (losing points for the difficulty of adding pins).

Even without a cable these are great remotes for the price, with tons of codes for the latest devices and tons of memory.

I have a few of these for sale in the marketplace for half retail price.

Last edited by mdavej on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:18 am; edited 13 times in total
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: All JP1.3 Remotes Half-Price at Radio Shack this week! Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I don't know if this is typical across the country, but only one of the half dozen radio shack's in my town carries the 134, but all carry the others.

Yes, same here in Md, the nearest RS with a 15-134 is 10 miles a way, this in Baltimore county. Sad I had to send away for it through RS website when it was on sale before.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's such a pity that the 15-100 isn't JP1 ready out of the box, because it is a really nice remote.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I',m nearly done with an extender that works for the 15-133, 134 and 135 so don't let the lack of an extender hold you back!

-bill
(thanks to dave for alerting me to this post)
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's such a pity that the 15-100 isn't JP1 ready out of the box, because it is a really nice remote.

You know, that last 15-100 modification where you cut the square out of the case with your dremmel wasn't nearly as frightening as some of the mods with the itty bitty soldering. Is this case really difficult to open, or is it just the standard case?

With the last RS remote I bought, 15-134 I think, I had to enlarge the opening to get my cable to fit anyway. I didn't have a dremmel then, but I just used a standard drill and was able to cut through the case without much of a problem at all. Popping the case isn't really that big a deal. Cutting the case isn't so bad either. Its the soldering that scares me. I suppose if I cut a hole in the case I could hold the 6pin connector against the board like I used to with my Cinema 7's before I got up the nerve to solder.

Thanks mdavej, for posting the sale. I hope to stop by and pick one up tonight.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I hope to stop by and pick one up tonight.
Just one?!?!? Surprised Wink
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:
I hope to stop by and pick one up tonight.
Just one?!?!? Surprised Wink

Mark you obviously know me too well. I guess I should have said, one of each. Rolling Eyes Laughing because you are right, I could never get just one! Laughing
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky,

The mod you're talking about is more frightening than you think. That one involves reworking the battery holder as well as switching to smaller "N" cell batteries. And, yes, the case is pretty tough to open. Some variant of Tommy's mod is probably the way to go. I followed his instructions mostly, but chickened out at the end, soldering to the pads instead of all over the place (itty bitty soldering scares me too).

Have fun.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I like soldering! Smile

But obviously, any sort of mod is scary for the general public. After all, I have sold TONS of the URC-6131 remote because people don't want to have to mod it themselves, and that mod just involves soldering in a 6-pin and an EEPROM. All of the 15-100 mods are WAY more involved than that, sufficiently so that it would not be worth anyone's while to mod them and offer them for re-sale.

Therefore, the 15-100 will never be generally accepted as a JP1 remote, which is a pity.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the 15-134 because it has the colored buttons that seem to be used by more and more equipment (SAT, Cable, and Media Players), but it is missing the Audio, Subtitle, and Angle buttons that are needed for a good DVD remote. And why do they all have dedicated PiP buttons? Why not double those up with the colored buttons (so you don't need double labels) and use that bottom row for those missing DVD functions?

The 15-135 could have worked, (I like having 4 more buttons) except they got rid of the colored buttons and turned them into dedicated input selection buttons.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the 134 is sometimes cheap enough to sacrifice, I've considered transplanting the colored buttons from a 134 into a 135 for that very reason, but was unsure how they'd hold up. Otherwise I just live with it. I ususally put subtitle on LKP-Mute, audio on Shift-Mute and Angle on Shift-ViewTV. Kind of makes logical sense to me.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should be able to transfer the colored buttons from one remote to another. Alternatively, you could always use a little paint to mark the buttons on a 15-135.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Atlas URC-1056 OCAP has all of that, hence it is my new favorite, a position held by the RS 15-1994 for a long time and afterwards, by the HTPro/URC-8910/9910 for quite some time, as well. Its only shortcoming is a lack of devices (5), and multiplexing is still not as intuitive as I'd like it to be.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Since the 134 is sometimes cheap enough to sacrifice, I've considered transplanting the colored buttons from a 134 into a 135 for that very reason, but was unsure how they'd hold up. Otherwise I just live with it. I ususally put subtitle on LKP-Mute, audio on Shift-Mute and Angle on Shift-ViewTV. Kind of makes logical sense to me.

If you do transplant the color keys, I would cut the membrane just below the color keys, but include the transport keys section as well, so cut jut above the FF, PLAY, REW keys. It will give it stable and secure hold in the remote.

Having just the 4 keys by itself, they could wobble, and if it were to start ripping with use, it wouldn't have long to go before it might cut in half.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Rob and Edmund. I may give the transplant a shot.

Capn, the OCAP is one of my favorites too. I love the backlit one that I have. If it was learning and had more devices, it would be perfect. The most intuitive multiplex I've been able to come up with uses a long key press on one of my device keys to toggle between two devices. It takes 5 macros, but is easy to use. The first just does the key sets and calls an LKP. The LKP Short is blank, and Long calls a Toggle ToadTog. The ToadTog On calls one multiplex macro, and Off calls the other. There's probably a better way, but it works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: