JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Finding IR protocol

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Testme

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Finding IR protocol Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm trying some home automation stuff with IR, and i'm working with the ziggo/upc horizon box. This forum is also talking about this topic.

I'm looking to convert these codes for the arduino library IRRemote, which is done via IrScrumtinizer (I've found here)

But here is my problem, in the forum they are talking about how they got it (eventually) working for there JP1 remote.
Now that i want to convert these codes with IrScrumptinzer i get the message the protocol is unkown since it is custom.

Where can i find this protocol that is needed in the files that were send around in this forum?
I'm still a bit of a noob in all of this and i greatly appreciate the help.

greetings.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What these guys did in the other thread was to analyze an up-to-then unknown protocol. That is why it does not decode to a known protocol.

On GlobalCache's ControlTower I found a command set "Samsung SMT-G Series Cable Boxes", so I got it. Turned out it did not decode either, but it looked as if it was the same. But that is not really a problem in this case, we can send them raw. Anyhow, the codes downloaded looked pretty clean. So I imported the control set in IrScrutinizer (note the spelling), and exported it (as raw signals!!) using the export format "Arduino Raw". That generated an Arduino sketch that you can use (will likely want to modify it though). You can download it here.

BTW, IRremote sucks!! For a number of reasons. Please try Infrared4Arduino (by myself) instead. (It can be installed from the Arduino library manager) The generated sketch supports both, just adjust the defines.
Testme

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your solution worked! I'm so greatfull.

I'm using IRremote because it has a ESP8266 variant, which i'm using for my final result.

I'm sorry for responding so late, i wrote this comment the same day you responded, but never send it. By the time i'm writing this i just wanted to thank you!

The store in memory function really helped with this project because of the low memory on the ESP8266 / ESP01 board.

With your codes I was able to turn on / off; change channels & change volume on my TV/ Mediabox Via Alexa.

Again thank you for the help, wouldn't work without you.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your feedback! (Feedback for proposed solutions is very much appreciated in this forum Wink ). Nice to hear that it is working fine!

I plan to support ESP8266 (and also similar boards) in Infrared4Arduino, but on the other hand, I have said that for years...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: