JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with 2 device conflicts with NEC1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickety

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Help with 2 device conflicts with NEC1 Reply with quote

I have a Vizio Soundbar and a (FOSPower) HDMI switch. On learning on my Nevo2, both report NEC1 but one uses frequency 37383 and the other 37735. Both say device code 0

The original remotes do not seem to affect the "wrong" device, but when I use NEC1 to build upgrades, some buttons for one device also affect the other device.

I see several NECx protocols, but the descriptions do not seem to cover frequency differences except NEC1-34 (and that seems a way off 37383!

I am not too successful in getting clean learns (sometimes only the frequency is reported) but the difference in frequency seems consistent

Any advice would be appreciated.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That small difference in frequency is normally insignificant, so I would expect each of the original remotes to affect the "other" device, so I am surprised when you say that they don't. NEC1 dev 0 is a "generic" device code used by companies that didn't want to incur the expense of buying their own device code and it's normally used for cheap devices (like IR controlled candles, etc).

If you are correct that the original remotes do not affect the other device, perhaps we could create 2 modified versions of the NEC executor, one for each exact frequency. It may take some experimentation to find the "sweet spots" where each one does not affect the other.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto what Rob said.

Make the high one a little higher higher than your reading, and the low one a little lower than the reading.

Make two custom protocols that send a simple nec1. I think we might have one for the Slingbox.

Adjust the frequency of each.

Make one 38000
the other 36500
and test.

You didn't mention what remote and that makes a difference on how easy or hard it is to write a simple nec protocol

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
rickety

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Rob and Vicky for your comments.

My remote is a Nevo C2

It is "odd" but when I created the upgrades for the Nevo I initially found a couple of conflicts that did not show up when I tried the original remote

Soundbar (Freq 37735) OBC (& - Night mode ON) caused the Switch (Freq 37383) to select input 4 for the A output OBC 18. When I tried the original remote for the SB entering Night mode, it did not change the switch. So that is why I created my post. However, based on Rob's comments I tried another function (Night Off, OBC 98) and it changed the switch (B outout to input 3 (OBC=89)

I do realise that the Switch may do the same thing for more than one OBC but is there any clue in the fact that different OBC's seem to affect each other?

Would the Raw input file or an rmir file of my remote help at all? Are there any issues for example of Nevo C2 not decoding learned codes well?

I also have an 8910 remote. might it be worth trying that for learning. It currently has an extender5 in it but I can reset back to basic.

Update ** I did try learning a few keys with my 8910 and the results Freq and OBC were the same.

Again, thanks for the help and advice
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try all the OBCs for this NEC1 device code and see which ones do what for each device, you might find some that just do 1 think for 1 of the devices.
rickety

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob and Vicky for the replies and guidance
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: