JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Denon DRA-325R - code available?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt_inSC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Denon DRA-325R - code available? Reply with quote

I have an old trusty Denon receiver, model DRA-325R. Any advice on what RM upgrade to use?
I see one for a Denon DRA-425R which I suspect is close enough but am nervous about the warning in the thread...
CAUTION! - EFC 008 (OBC 130) permanently damaged test system.

Any advice on it? Is that saying it permanently damaged a remote? (sorry, not familiar with all of the vernacular).
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it permanently damaged their receiver. Don't use that particular command unless you know what you're doing. Unlike your Denon remote, we have every possible code, even service commands that do strange, sometimes dangerous things. Heed the warnings, you'll be fine.
Matt_inSC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - warning heeded for sure.
I think I'll only ever want to power this unit up. I use it as an amp for my Zone3 on my Denon AVR X4000.
Would the safe bet be to look into that upgrade and grab the power only button? Is the warning saying that a specific command (assigned to a button) caused the problem, not the use of the remote upgrade itself?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not a malicious bunch around here. It would very safe to limit yourself to just one command. Have you removed all the buttons except power from the original remote too? The commands in our upgrades are exact copies of the originals. That's the beauty of JP1, you can do whatever you want.

My Denon X4000 upgrade has nearly 400 commands. You can delete all of them if you want.
Matt_inSC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original remote has been missing for quite a while - in an attic box no doubt - as the receiver was not used for quite some time. So I rely on manually pressing the power button on the unit to use it. I'm really looking forward to getting out of that business.
Thanks for the input. I'll tinker with adding it and removing other buttons just to be safe.
Probably a more complex option, but is it theoretically possible to come up with the Power command only, add it to an Activity (or maybe as a Macro), and never actually add the device? My thought is I have it in a Zone3 Activity I build but never have the Device show on the remote as it would just be clutter there.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my Denon DRA-365R power OBC=80, hex=0A, efc=98, device=12.
jeajea

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you only need one or a few commands for a device I add the upgrade but
don’t assign it to a device. Then I use keymoves to assign
the extra commands to unused buttons on another device.

Works great for HDMI switches and save a device slot.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That technique doesn't work on Xsight/Nevo. Every upgrade gets assigned, like it or not. There's really no good reason to jump through hoops to make a one command device. Just don't assign the potentially dangerous command, or delete it entirely, problem solved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: